1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The big C

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by Melanie, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

A very dear lady friend of mine is going through the whole thing for breast ca. She has had surgery, just completed a program of chemo and is now looking at being zapped by x-rays.

I have been so impressed with the support group here.They are a mine of information and in conjunction with various businesses provide therapy senssions for keeping yourself looking your best etc.

There was a party to make light of the head shave, Jane could not bear the thought of losing clumps of hair so she went and chrome domed her head. I was so proud of her, would I have been so brave? She has a wig and nifty head coverings.

Her main gripe has been sleep, she has been a night shift worker for years and it a major problem.

She has lost her sense of taste and smell......bothersome because you cannot enjoy eating and drinking at all.

....and her hot soles of her feet. A legacy of the chemo despite having hands and feet plunged into iced water to minimise this. She has discovered henna as used by Indian women is very effective in cooling the sensation. I sure did not know that but there you go.