1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Birth and Nature of Christ

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. standingfirminChrist

The Word of God declares Jesus to be the Son of the Living God. That is exactly who He is. Had Joseph's sperm cell been used, He would not be the Son of God but the son of Joseph.

God's Word is true. God placed His Son in the womb of Mary, bypassing the natural.

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Lu 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

HP: I find no such thing mentioned in these verses. Heli is said to be the father of Joseph, not Mary. He was, just as they supposed. The problem is that they did not understand the process that took place in the conceiving of Jesus by the Holy Spirit.

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I do know the translators put the quotations marks in to show that Joseph was only supposed to be the father of Jesus. I also know without the quotations marks one could get from the passage that it also separates Joseph from the linage of Jesus.
    I have been forced to go to the Greek many times in the discussing of scripture and continue to do so. I said I would do some more research on it and found that it seems almost all of the translators used the quotation marks, so I simply leave it as a suggestion that Luke could indeed of meant, Mary's linage.

BBob,

#83 Brother Bob, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2008
  4. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Well stated Cowboy!:thumbs: My fathers best friend was a real cowboy with some good old common sense as you exhibit. May your tribe increase!

5. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: I could not disagree with you more on that issue. ‘He was, just as they supposed,’ is the direct implication from the translators. If he was not, he had no right to be an heir to the throne of David.

6. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: I could not agree with you more. Well stated.:thumbs: I believe Jesus had to accept His position as God by faith.

It is good to see you have a keen comprehension of the difference between sin and a consequence of sin.

7. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's the typical way of reasoning by the people who claim the Biological Motherhood.

I do not rule out the possibility that the Genealogy in Luke be the one for Mary, but there is other possibilities too because of the Bible expression which doesn't mention Mary but Joseph.

That is not very critical question in this discussion as it doesn't fix the Biological motherhood but even Surrogacy could have the genealogy.

When we mention the Surrogacy, the Surrogacy of Mary is unique and different from the usual human surrogacy.
    In case of the human surrogacy, it is often a shame caused by the fertility problem etc. However, in this case, Surrogacy is a great honor as it means that Mary received Jesus Christ bodily in her, the sinless person was launched there, and there would be no problem with the Biological Mother as there will be no Bio mother either. Therefore this Surrogacy is absolutely unique and different from all the other Surrogacy.
    Therefore it is not a matter about whether Mary takes the honor or not.

The Core issue remains all the time about " Word became Flesh" and about whether the Sin-stricken ovum can produce a spotless, blemish body of Christ for sinless sacrifice or not.
    In both reasons, Biological Motherhood is far beyond Biblical Truth.

#87 Eliyahu, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Seems we do not either...........:)

BBob,

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: A good starting place then would be to accept the Word of God in that Jesus was the son of Joseph as both genealogies set forth plainly.

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Can you show by scripture where Joseph was the father of Jesus??

BBob,

11. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: There are many important things we both understand clearly and agree upon. I am thankful for that!!:thumbs:

12. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: How about answering some of the direct questions in the OP? By the way, we have many things in agreement as well, this issue being an exception to the rule. :thumbs:

13. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You cannot explain Word became Flesh properly.

The core portion of truth there is this:

The Invisible Truth became Visible Flesh.

Did the Egg become flesh?

Then it is Flesh became Flesh.

He didn't need a sperm or ovum, and therefore He chose not to use them because they were sin-stricken.

Simply The Word became Flesh.

14. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I am sorry SFic for being slow to respond but been trying to keep up, walk the dog several time and shower.

I cannot separate the blood from the seed. My mother was a Thornsbury, and my father a Scott. You can just look at me and see both blood lines. I have half Thornsbury blood from my mother and half Scott blood from my father. I have Thornsbury seed from my mother, I have Scott seed from my father. I can't separate the two.

BBob,

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Please explain why He used a virgin named "Mary", who was the seed of David.

Why did He have to use anyone according to your theory.......:)

BBob,

16. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am starting to doubt about the intention behind the rejection of Incarnation ( Word became Flesh)

Jesus Christ the Creator of Universe and Nations, who made the universe by Word, cannot make His body for Himself by Word?

17. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: When one rejects two clear genealogies given to us by God that state clearly that Joseph was the father of Jesus, although not by any intercourse between Joseph and Mary, can one reasonably expect God to offer better evidence? I think not.

18. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where is Mary in Luke's genealogy?

If the Genealogy of Luke is the Mother side of Joseph, then it supplements the genealogy of Joseph because Joseph is important as the descendant of David, so both the families of Joseph's father and mother were the descendants of David which fulfills the prophecy. One may argue with Jeremiah 22:31 but it is talking about the earthly kingdom.

This is equally a conjecture as your theory of Mary genealogy. We do not build up any doctrine or theology based on the conjecture or guesswork.
    It doesn't tell us that the seed of Mary was fertilized with the Word of God or Ovum of Mary became the flesh of Jesus. You can emphasize the genealogy of Mary as the fulfillment of the prophecy, but it can be proven as the Surrogacy too, and the Surrogacy is not less important than the Biological motherhood at all.

19. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The OP itself is not the Biblical Wording.

But I would simply answer this way.

Jesus Christ was born of Mary, the virgin at that time.

Jesus Christ Himself was the Word of God.

The Word of God became Flesh.

Jesus Christ HImself is the God who showed up to Abraham and Jacob in flesh and created the universe by Word.

He could create the flesh if He wanted any time too.

He was the second Adam who came to the world to save the Adam's race by entering the Adam's race. He didn't pick up any sinful nature of the human beings, nor the sin stricken body of the sinners.

I am convinced that Jesus didn't offer the Blood of Leukmia nor of Down Syndrome, nor of any other defects.

Jesus offered the sinless, blemish body for the sacrifice.

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I am not rejecting anything. It plainly says that Joseph was the husband of Mary who was the mother of Jesus. It does not say that Joseph is the father of Jesus. The words "as was supposed" were not put in there to take up space. You make one giant leap to make Joseph the father of Jesus, when Scripture teaches it was the Holy Ghost, and Joseph knew her not until Jesus was born.

BBob,

#100 Brother Bob, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.