1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The C.S.A is still alive and well

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Salty, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    #21 Salty, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
  2. Winman

Winman Active Member

According to my mother, we are descendents of Jefferson Davis. I guess it is possible, her mother's maiden name was Davis. She has researched our family tree for years and has many old records and photographs. She has old Confederate money as well. When I was a boy, my mother's neighbor who was in her 70's had her grandfather's Confederate uniform and sword, she showed them to me several times. My mother's family is very old school Southerner to say the least.

#22 Winman, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
  3. billwald

billwald New Member

This is the perfect time to resurrect the CSA. The USA and the UN has been backing people's revolutions all over Africa. The proper way would be to use a copy of the Declaration of Independence and substitute "The United States of America" for "King George" and alter the text to fit the current situation. I'm to lazy and only type with two fingers.

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

We can see a similarity today to the United States before the Civil War. We see the issue of state rights being a big issue today, as concerning the Arizona immigration laws for example. We see the Federal government forcing their will on the states.

To a Southerner, this was the issue, states' rights, not slavery.

http://www.civilwarhome.com/statesrights.htm

#24 Winman, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2011
  5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and southerners were right about that.

Same thing with West Virginia - they got fed up with eastern Virginia leaving the western part out of the $$, ect. It's just that the War Between the States was a convenient time to separate

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I don't think anyone here in the US today has the "GUTS"---willpower--determination---whatever else to even initiate a concern to susceed like was done in 1860

I mean----------those guys back then thinking about it----they reached a point where they told themselves---well---we're dead if we do---and we're dead if we don't!!!

We'll never reach that boiling point in a nation full of sissies!!!!