1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Case for McCain

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I seem to waver back and forth concerning my support for John McCain. I dont care for him but Obama or the Clintons in the White House scares me even more. Here is an article by Kudlow :

Some things in life are quite simple. Here's one of them: Sen. John McCain is going to be our next president.
    How do I know?
    For starters, McCain will have a unified Republican Party -- conservatives and all -- working hard for him. He's also going to win over the Reagan Democrats, the Bush Democrats and the Perot independents. These folks demand a strong military, want government off their backs, and are sick and tired of growing federal deficits and out-of-control spending. McCain's their man. If you recall, it was the cross-over Democrats and independents who helped elect Ronald Reagan twice and put Papa Bush in office for what was expected to be a Reagan third-term. When Papa Bush waffled, they went to Perot. But they came back to support the Gingrich Congress and later stayed with George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004.

Read in its entirety:

http://townhall.com/Columnists/LawrenceKudlow/2008/02/14/the_case_for_mccain

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Interesting article. I sure hope this guy is right.

I love this quote in the article:

3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I don't think anybody could possibly be worse for the country than GW Bush. So bring on the challengers.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

It's a shame how true this statement is... What would it take to interest the nations best to apply for this office? I'm sure we have far more qualified people in this country than those who choose politics for a career. :BangHead:

5. J.Wayne

J.Wayne New Member

I too, believe that it appears that McCain may very possibly be the next president, but I also believe that he will never make it for the first 4. IMO he looks like death warmed over.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Won't he beat Reagan as oldest president?

7. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

And this brings up the question of his potential running mate. Y'all may have a thread on here about this that I haven't gotten to yet--sorry if this has already been discussed to death. But I've been trying to follow several weblinks about this topic for the last few days, and apparently everyone else on the planet is trying to read them at the same time, because I can't ever get the links to work--whose names are being kicked around as his Veep? THAT will be important to me and my vote.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have gone back and forth about McCain myself. It is obvious he stands way above the two remaining democrats. There is one thing that is very bothersome about the numbers. If you look at the primary results that McCain won, his vote total is way behind both Obama and Clinton regardless of who came in first or second.

Had Giluilani and Romney won the nomination, there would be no doubt about voting third party. The fact is either Clinton, Obama, or McCain is going to be the next President. Take your pick.

9. billwald

billwald New Member

I will not vote to continue the $23 billion/month Bush Oil War.

Someone please explain why getting caught by the enemy automatically makes one a hero.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

One thing PS 104 has done in his posts is to make sure we all understand the consequences of voting third party. Not that it is the wrong thing to do for some, but there are consequences to consider.

11. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I work with a couple of fellas who are Hillary Clinton supporters but they both said that they will vote for McCain over Obama. So it may be that McCain could get Hillary's supporters if Obama gets the nod?

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Libs who might be willing to vote for McCain. Say it aint so.

13. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There may be a few, but national polls seem to indicate the following:

Independents in general like McCain over Clinton and Obama over McCain.

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

It's not the getting caught but enduring the treatment of his captors while maintaining his allegiance to his country.
    Now does this qualify him for president is a completely different question.