1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The "college of cardinals" is at it again!

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Speedpass, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I read the announcement yesterday about Paul Pressler running for 1st vice-president of the SBC, I wonder if he is doing this of his own volition--or if some of his cohorts talked him into running. That's what bothers me the most about contemporary SBC leadership--they decide months prior to the convention which ONE man is going to run for office. Can't there be more competition for offices in the Convention??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

Jimmy:

As a conservative SB, I have to agree with you. We have successfully wrestled control from the liberals, but now the good 'ol boys control the nomination process and we have little say who the candidates for office are.

As much as I appreciate the hard work Pressler did, there are better candidates out there.

3. Maverick

Maverick Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Y'all ever try a write-in? Another thought is, has the good 'ol boy's been nominating good men? If so, does it matter? If it matters, why aren't y'all doing something about?

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Candidates may be nominated from the floor if memory serves me right. It's just rare because there are so many good conservatives and if you nominate them all, you'll split the vote and end up with a liberal winning and no one wants to go back to the days under Egyptian bondage :eek: BTW, what conservatives do now is no different from what the liberals did for years.

Besides, now the VPs are just figures, merely symbolic. So what?

[ April 22, 2002, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: TomVols ]