1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Conservative Case for WikiLeaks

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Dec 9, 2010.

1. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Yes, the same Jefferson who spoke bravely about how “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants” but who never deigned to put himself in harm’s way personally;)

Probably Kennedy was thinking more along the lines of the civil rights marches of MLK, or something like the Tea Party protests.

I don’t think Kennedy had in mind posting diplomat’s personal opinions of Putin and Sarkozy; or posting up the SSN’s of individual US soldiers, or publishing details of electronic devices designed to prevent IEDs from being triggered and killing NATO troops as WikiLeaks has done.

2. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What ever happened to the Minute Men?

This is a job security ploy for the diplomatic corp--the leakers will make money too. This is actually about crude oil and opium derivatives folks--and the profits therefrom. Now what?

Will the Lord find "The Faith" when He returns? Are we ready?

If our only hope in Jesus is in this world--we are of all men most miserable.

Selah,

Bro. James

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I doubt very much these "leaked" documents will do all that much harm to the globalist's foreign policy. So all you neocon globalist cheerleaders can just simmer down. It'll be okay.

We'll still get to send our kids overseas to maintain the corporate empire. We'll still get to send our taxdollars over on pallets where they can come up missing or end up in the Taliban's hands. We'll probably even get to invade fresh new countries when the time is right.

So don't be so upset. It'll be alright. This isn't the end of military adventurism. Blood is still going to be flowing for some time.

"Don't worry, be happy"

What Mr. Assange has done is to hand the globalists the justification they need to control the internet. They (the globalists) have been telling us all right along that the internet is a terrorist tool.

Makes me wonder just who Mr. Assange is really working for because he handed the enemies of freedom a big tool that they can use to destroy it.

4. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

I guess the Rule of Law has no place?

It is not our right to Declassify anything that another legally responsible classifier has classified.

FOIA - Exists and is a LEGAL method for obtaining documents and even challenging the Classification Level of Information.

While some of what has been leaked may not amount to a hill of beans there is no doubt some that *ARE* dangerous.

It wasn't Wikileaks right or responsibility to divuldge the contents, thereof.

This is *NOT* Journalism. It is *NOT* "great". It is illegal, irresponsible, and treasonous.

And, *ANYONE* who supports it is an anarchist and traitor.

Period!

Please note: To be a true conservative means to conserve that which is good, and excise that which is bad.

It is far better to excise the cancer and leave the functioning parts intact.

That is the first step in limiting Government.

Then, make the remaining parts more true to their charters and improve their efficiency.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

>I guess the Rule of Law has no place?

It didn't in 1776. Food for the goose . . . .

6. SpiritualMadMan

And, the Parrallels are?

7. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

You are right in one respect - the leaks are not that damaging to the US. In fact one thing they do is shoot down all the talk about the US doing Israel's bidding. In fact we now see that all of the Arab governments in the region are afraid of Iran, and have been urging the US to put the Persian nuclear program out of commission. Well what do you know bout that.

A conspiricy within a conspiricy. Twice the fun :thumbs:

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah you wish that were a fact. There's way to much evidence out there that tells a different story NS.

In fact you now see exactly what the corporate media wants you to see.

I'm going to wait and see what comes of all of this before I make up my mind on this matter. :smilewinkgrin:

It is almost too perfectly scripted to be true. A discontented 22-year old US Army soldier on duty in Baghdad, Bradley Manning, a low-grade US Army intelligence analyst, described as a loner, a gay in the military, a disgruntled “computer geek,” sifts through classified information at Forward Operating Base Hammer. He decides to secretly download US State Department email communications from the entire world over a period of eight months for hours a day, onto his blank CDs while pretending to be listening to Lady Gaga. In addition to diplomatic cables, Manning is believed to have provided WikiLeaks with helicopter gun camera video of an errant US attack in Baghdad on unarmed journalists, and with war logs from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Bradley Manning Manning then is supposed to have tracked down a notorious former US computer hacker to get his 250,000 pages of classified US State Department cables out in the Internet for the whole world to see. He allegedly told the US hacker that the documents he had contained "incredible, awful things that belonged in the public domain and not on some server stored in a dark room in Washington, DC." The hacker turned him in to US authorities so the story goes. Manning is now incommunicado since months in US military confinement so we cannot ask him, conveniently. The Pentagon routinely hires the best hackers to design their security systems.

< snip>

What is emerging from all the sound and Wikileaks fury in Washington is that the entire scandal is serving to advance a long-standing Obama and Bush agenda of policing the until-now free Internet. Already the US Government has shut the Wikileaks server in the United States though no identifiable US law has been broken.

The process of policing the Web was well underway before the current leaks scandal. In 2009 Democratic Senator Jay Rockefeller and Republican Olympia Snowe introduced the Cybersecurity Act of 2009 (S.773). IIt would give the President unlimited power to disconnect private-sector computers from the internet. The bill "would allow the president to ’declare a cyber-security emergency’ relating to ’non-governmental’ computer networks and do what’s necessary to respond to the threat." We can expect that now this controversial piece of legislation will get top priority when a new Republican House and the Senate convene in January.

SOURCE

Something Stinks About Wikileaks Release of "Secret" Documents

SOURCE

It's all a bit to "scripted" and the timing is too perfect it all just happens to provide justifications for what our Big Bro and Big Sis have been wanting for some time. A reason to kill free speech on the internet and to attack yet another country.

Without jumping to conclusions . . . I'd say that more than likely "Wikileaks" is a big government con job.

#28 poncho, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2010
  9. SpiritualMadMan

Poncho, I have to agree about it being "too perfect".

And, the fact that *nothing* is actually being done makes me think that the "leaks" were intentionally orchestrated by the regime inside the beltway to harm the US.

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Remember when the Pentagon vowed to "fight the net"?

Pentagon's PSYOPs: Information Warfare Using Aggressive Psychological Operations

US plans to 'fight the net' revealed

And, in a grand finale, the document recommends that the United States should seek the ability to "provide maximum control of the entire electromagnetic spectrum".

US forces should be able to "disrupt or destroy the full spectrum of globally emerging communications systems, sensors, and weapons systems dependent on the electromagnetic spectrum".

Consider that for a moment.

The US military seeks the capability to knock out every telephone, every networked computer, every radar system on the planet.

Are these plans the pipe dreams of self-aggrandising bureaucrats? Or are they real?

The fact that the "Information Operations Roadmap" is approved by the Secretary of Defense suggests that these plans are taken very seriously indeed in the Pentagon.

And that the scale and grandeur of the digital revolution is matched only by the US military's ambitions for it.

SOURCE

Not many people do I reckon. Most folks can't remember much past the HEADLINES in the last news cycle. One has to have alot of trust in our current corupt big government to even think it's above doing something like these "wikileaks" to further it's "New Middle East" globalist agenda.

#30 poncho, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2010
  11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

And only what the corporate media wants you to see.

UPDATED: Assange partying at state department’s embassy in Iceland with Sam Watson, the embassy’s deputy chief of mission
    by Scott Creighton

There’s a Little Parsons in All of Us

Michel Chossudovsky over at Global Research has put up an interesting NPR transcript with some rather revealing statements about Wikileaks that were made by the New York Times chief Washington correspondent, David Sanger. Sanger is one of the New York Times reporters who have been reading and writing about the different state department memos “leaked” by Wikileaks. He was also involved in meetings with the Obama administration and others which selected and redacted the cables that would be published.

Continue . . .

The following transcript points to the involvement of the corporate media including the New York Times in the Wikileaks project.

How do we interpret this relationship?

The corporate media is the source of disinformation and at the same time it is supporting "transparency" and truth in media. SOURCE

#31 poncho, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2010
  12. RAdam

RAdam New Member

People justify someone irresponsibly leaking information for personal gain because it suits their needs. Therein we see how man acts - it's ok so long as it suits my personal opinion. What a bunch of hypocrisy. Do I think the US acts in a shady manner and keeps those things hidden from the average citizen? Yes. Do I like it? Nope, not at all. The US government has done some things that are just plain wrong and I refuse to defend those actions. However, I also will not justify someone leaking information to some foreign person so he can post it on the internet and gain publicity and attention for himself. Both actions are wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right as the old saying goes. Were we engaged in a WWII type of war and this guy leaked information that put the country's efforts in danger, then many of those that justify wikileaks would be calling it wrong. Again, so long as it suits my purpose it is right. This type of attitude is not only wrong, it is blatantly unChristian. If something is wrong, it is always wrong.

13. billwald

billwald New Member

It isn't in all our interests and purpose to know where and how our tax money is being spent?

14. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Loose lips...

Just to re-echo the war thing: We are at war on several fronts, including the drug war, right here in River City.

The Freedom of Information Act has gotten out of control. Regardless of how corrupt the govt. may or may not be, an individual has no right to compromise information which can have an affect on on National Security.

Let' restart the Draft and see what happens?

"Loose lips sink ships"--from my Dad's generation--it is still appropriate.

Selah,

Peace.

Bro. James

15. targus

targus New Member

So US diplomats are discussing tax spending with foreign diplomats?

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

National security. That's become quite the buzz word (phrase) hasn't it? The biggest threat to our national security is open borders and our hundred or so year long bloody interventionist foreign policy. So naturally we need more of both, to keep us safe.

The world doesn't hate us because we are free. It hates us because we have become so arrogant that we think it's our right to control how everyone in it lives.

Follow our orders or we'll bomb ya back to the stone age! Has become our new national motto.

I think we've become that which we've always claimed to stand against.

But you're right a corupt banker controlled corporate government such as ours has every right to keep it's criminal activity secret. :rolleyes:

#36 poncho, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2010
  17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. Let's not do anything to impinge on the march toward totalitarianism in the United States. :rolleyes:

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

For real Ken. Let's all learn a new dance, called the "goose step". For the father land.

19. SpiritualMadMan

Yes, with the current regime...

With excat GPS co-ordinates, gathered by census takers...

With very low yield conventional GPS guided glide bombs...

With the UN having training camps in the US...

With the UN being given A-10 Warthogs...

With Centcom trained to work with the UN to "keep the peace"...

Yes it is a *very* scary time for those whose eyes are NOT on Jesus, whose lives are not hidden in Christ...

Should we be ignorant and passive?

Absolutely NOT!

Should the first course be legal Action? NO!

Should the First Course be Political Activism? NO!

Should the First Course be the Prayer of Repentance? YES!

2 Chronicles 7:14-15
    If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.
    Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer offered in this place.

20. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Give me a break. National security is a term that is abused at times and is used as an excuse to do bad things. But, that doesn't mean there needs to be no national security, that everything we do needs to be aired in the open, and that some foreign scumbag who wants nothing more than publicity and fame should be free to post sensitive information about our country. The government sometimes gets off in one extreme, so you so-called patriots would go the other extreme. Have you considered that you are just as wrong as the people you oppose? Can we just have some sanity?

The US needs to be more careful about what it does, who it associates with, etc. At the same time, there is some need for secrecy. Regardless, if you really care about this country you would not be a fan of wikileaks right now. It's only a matter of time before they put something out there that really damages the country. But that's ok because you don't like the way things are run, right?