1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Culpability of God

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

So it is your contention that God is culpable for evil either way even in spite of the many passages which declare God's innocence of such evil, holiness, transcendence and his not even tempting men to evil?

Why is that many Calvinistic confessions go to such great lengths to avoid such accusations, while you simply accept it as if it is fact?

But that doesn't negate the distinction, however narrow you may presume it is, between a God who foresees and permits evil and One who originates evil. Even men like Edwards and most Calvinistic confessions go to great pains to make sure not to call God the author or originator of evil and even speak of his "permitting" and "not hindering it" in the same way I have done so as to avoid the very accusations I'm leveling against you. Are you merely casting them aside along with me and siding with the narrow band of brethren in the hard deterministic camp?

I submit that even most Calvinists don't stand with you on this point. Luke will, but that is because you are both hard determinists...not really "Calvinists."

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

This is a carry over from the discussion in "Can God Originate a Thought."