1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The curse of unbelief on the ungodly in America

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

I have listened to your sermons on YouTube quite a few times. I doubt many here can honestly say that, but I can. You basically yell at people.

I am going to be honest, I would pass you by. Your message is incoherent.

And all you have to do is go to the book of Nehemiah to read of Ezra. He did not stand in the street and yell at people. It was very organized, the people stood before many devout men who read out of the law.

Neh 8:1 And all the people gathered themselves together as one man into the street that was before the water gate; and they spake unto Ezra the scribe to bring the book of the law of Moses, which the LORD had commanded to Israel.
    2 And Ezra the priest brought the law before the congregation both of men and women, and all that could hear with understanding, upon the first day of the seventh month.
    3 And he read therein before the street that was before the water gate from the morning until midday, before the men and the women, and those that could understand; and the ears of all the people were attentive unto the book of the law.

This was not Ezra yelling at people as they passed by, this was more like an outdoor church service. The people all willingly gathered together and listened to Ezra and the other men who taught.

You don't need a time machine, you just need to read the scriptures.

Hey, you are the one who keeps coming on BB talking about your personal life. You said you "grieved at the lack of response" that you got from people.

Well, I tried to offer you some helpful advice. Engage folks, let them ask questions, you ask them questions. Nobody likes to be barked at.

Wouldn't you love to draw big crowds that pay attention like the videos I showed you? I think if you were honest you would admit you would love to have attentive crowds like this. Well, then you have to use a similar manner of preaching, you have to engage the people.

But whenever anybody tries to tell YOU something, you rebel. And you are the one who is grieved that people don't listen to you. How ironic.

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The streets are a different matter than a college campus or a park. I have never preached in one of those environments. The way I was taught was to boldly preach the word of God to people passing by on the streets and trust God to bring out the converts. I know you call this "yelling at people" but its preaching.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why.... whats he saying thats so darn riveting? There was a point I would have just dismissed him as a religious nut & walked away.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You bring conviction!?! Really....its you doing that? REALLY!!! I would have guessed it was God. Your merely an instrument he uses to turn on the light. And its probably for your own spiritual enrichment & edification....but I am not God so....

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dude.... of course he is aiming at the intellect....he doing this evangelizing at colleges. These kids are prideful & if you come in with a schoolmaster heavy handed tactic then nobody will listen to him. Here at least he presents the gospel at the level that he gets an audience....right! Rule #1, know your audience.

Now if your at a church, by all means use fire & brimstone, use candid tactics, use more proof text.....whatever gets it done.

Still sometimes you use friendship building & God consciousness suggestions to put God 1st in someones thinking process.....so dont scoff at Winmans suggestion.
    Your only the instrument....its God that does the saving.

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    One question that arises is whether or not one is witnessing - sharing the gospel of Christ - if the gospel is not actually communicated. I have witnessed some street preachers who never communicate the gospel – they may as well be “preaching” in Mexico because they appear to be speaking a different language from their intended audience.

Perhaps that’s one reason I appreciated the Knechtle video. He engaged the audience, listened as they vocalized their understanding, and tried to communicate the Word to them. This method is not without biblical warrant (i.e., Jesus with the woman at the well, Paul at Athens).

That is also why I mentioned Spurgeon. He wrote that the mode God normally uses to reach the lost is reason through persuasion. A friend communicates a truth that had once escaped us and God opens our eyes to that truth. One can’t speak directly to conscious without appealing to the intellect.

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One cant communicate the gospel to the proud but only to the humble. I do not always preach the gospel, because I deal with lots of proud people whom love their sin and love the filth of their lifestyle and so I preach the LAW.

#27 evangelist6589, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2013
  8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I agree that the lost are "proud" people who love their sin. That pretty much sums up what it means to be "lost." I'm sure it is difficult encountering such people as a street preacher.

I don't know about "preaching the Law," as instead of preaching the obedience of faith towards the Law for righteousness, Paul seems to have preached righteousness by faith. But if you mean illuminating the lost of their sinful condition (as Paul put it, either within the Law for Jews or outside of the Law for Gentiles) then I get your gist. If you mean presenting the lost as being under the Law and making them "Jewish" so that they can be converted to Christianity, well, then we'd probably disagree. Even outside of the Law the lost are condemned for disobedience and are in need of the Gospel just as much as those who are under the Law.

9. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Comparing one to another is foolish and not wise.

One having a larger crowd does not mean that one is to be modeled nor does it determine rightly the one is successful and the other is not. We are called to be faithful not successful. For one to come on here and denigrate another for not being like one in a video is the work of a buffoon and is only meant to mock and condemn.

Just preach and pray in your preaching for leadership and be faithful.

10. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I mean preaching the 10 Commandments and using it to convict the sinner of his/her sin.

Open Air Sermon

Note the sermon above will not open on a phone.

OUTLINE

God Loves You

I. Go Loves You

John 3:16-17

A. The most popular Bible verses spells out the gospel perfectly but so few actually understand what it means. Many have accepted the modern popular gospel message “God has a wonderful plan for your life” and want a free ticket to heaven but do not want to repent of your sins. If you are one that claims to be saved, but has not repented of your sins then you are not saved. Christ had to die for your sins and therefore you need to repent of them.

II. 10 Commandments

The 10 Commandments are what brings conviction to the sinner and how the sinner can see himself or herself as convicted before a holy and righteous God. Gal 3:24 describes the law as a schoolmaster and Paul says in Rm 3:20 that the law was instrumental to his conversion.

B. A New Creation

2 Cor 5:17

Once you are born again and have accepted God’s love gift for you then you are a new creation. This means that you life changes. I do realize that with some this may take more time than with others, but in all believers the Holy Spirit is doing a work if you are truly his.

Have you truly repented?

Repentance consists of the following
    A) A true sense of ones own guilt and sinfulness

B) An apprehension of God’s mercy in Christ

C) A hate for sin and turning to God
    D) A life that pursues holiness

Some fruit/proofs of the true Christian
    A) Love for God & Truth: Lk 10:27 & hate of evil (Psa 97:10

B) Repentance from sin: 1 Jn 1:8-10

C) Humility: James 4:10
    D) Separation from the world 1 Cor 2:12 & a Pursuit of Holiness (2 Cor 5:17)

E) Hunger for God’s Word: 1 Pet 2:1-3

F) Desire & a resolve to worship and fellowship on the Lords day (Heb 10:24-25)

G. Desire to do Biblical evangelism (Mk 16:15)

#30 evangelist6589, Sep 1, 2013
  11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you brother for the encouragement against Winman's attacks. I said clearly yesterday in my sermon that people would be 10,000 more likely to listen to Joel Osteen over me. Does this mean I need to start modeling Joel to be a better preacher?

12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK - thanks for the clarification. You are right that simply stating that Jesus loves you is an incomplete Gospel. The Gospel includes a context, which it seems to me you are providing.

I hope the other night went well. Do you get a chance to speak with many people individually during your evangelism?

13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Depends on the night but yes. I have had hour chats with people, have taken some out to dinner, have mailed books, and the like. I have also had opposition. Once I had a guy passing out flyers to counter me, and he was stalking me at my every stop to counter my message. I had a guy yelling at me across the street, I had a woman get in my face while I was preaching and telling me to preach "more of Gods love", I had a woman claiming I was harassing her by passing out tracts, I had a bar owner tell me to beat it because I was preaching near his bar, I had people claim to want to sue me, I had to call the police on one person for harassing me while I was evangelizing, I had a so called magic arts person counter me in my preaching, and I even got cussed out once for open air preaching by an agnostic. So yes I have had many attacks by satan.

The response in Denver has been far more hostile than in SC where I had many chats, and many pat me on the back for my work. But God is faithful and has charged me with this mission to reach the multitude living in sin in this wicked city. I pray for their lost souls.

#33 evangelist6589, Sep 1, 2013
  14. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I watched the video and some of the kids are hearing what he is saying with the outward ear but he don't have their attention. Look how restless everyone is, most of them have that far away look. Look real close, one guy is texting and trying to cover it up. I think these kids are just there on assignment because they have to be. Isa 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people there transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

Sure, not all of them are paying attention, that is normal. But I believe most are. Occasionally he will make a joke and nearly all of them laugh, so they are listening.

Whether they are on assignment I do not know, a few are eating, so maybe it is lunch break. You see some kids arrive and sit down, others leave, so I don't believe they are on assignment, but who knows?

16. Winman

Winman Active Member

17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen!!! Well said. Dont bother with WinMan he cant be reasoned with and wants to continue to spread his Arminianism here. You cant reason with him and he loves attacking me. Dont bother.