1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Dead Will Hear the Voice of the Son of God - John 5:25

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by SavedByGrace, Feb 29, 2024.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haves reconciled the words of Jesus in John 5 with His words in John 10.

Jesus told them they did not believe BECAUSE they were not His sheep. He did not say they weren’t His sheep because they didn’t believe.

John writes in repeated themes (not chronological). Each time he mentions the theme he further explains the theme.

In John 1 he says those that are the children of God are born not of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of (the will of) God.

In John 3 he elaborates on the themes of being “born” and “the will of God” when Jesus says you must be “born again” and then emphasizing the will of God Holy Spirit when a person is “born again”.

Again and again, John emphasize the will of God in bringing someone to salvation. By the time we get to John 10, Jesus very plainly stated no one can come to Him unless the Father draws Him.

He very plainly stated He calls His sheep BY NAME. He already knows them. That is a specific call to specific people. AFTER He calls, they follow Him.

And just to make it perfectly clear, Jesus tells them they do not believe BECAUSE they are not His sheep.

My reading comprehension is just fine. I just believe the words of scripture in the context they were written WITHOUT bias.

If some would spend more time attempting to understand scripture in context instead attempting to disprove reformed beliefs, their reading comprehension would improve dramatically.

peace to you

2. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do remember being wrong once. It’s been so long ago I can’t remember what it was about :)

I am always willing to be convinced from scripture that I’m wrong.

I haven’t seen a compelling argument yet to convince me I’m wrong about the gospel of John.

peace to you

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The OP proves your theology is WRONG but you will not accept it :rolleyes:

4. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just because you say it, doesn’t make it true.

I’ve focused on scripture, you have focused on insults.

peace to you

5. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So I presume then that you're unmarried...

Rob

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol. No, I’m the man off of the house. Every day when I come in from work, I put my foot down…. In front of the sink so I can do the dishes

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
  7. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its the elect in Jn 5:25 who will hear His voice and live, the Sheep Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Many of the other Sheep Jesus had at this time, were yet still dead in sin, but they shall hear His voice when its time for them to follow Him.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brethren there are two events here... Because there are two different times... There are two different hours... So lets look

John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

First of all this is talking about regeneration, when it is the voice of God that regenerates a man... The hour comes in every child of God when they are regenerated... A favorite ditty of mine... Is From The Cradle To The Grave, Christ Will Save... If we believe scripture ALL his Father gave him WILL BE SAVED and none will be lost... Before we were regenerated we were the children of wrath even as others... We were regenerated or as scriptures says quickened... I believe in the WILL of God for Salvation, not the will of man.

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

I hear some now wait a minute, it says we are judged... Christ took our judgement for us and we are eternally saved in him, so we belong to him, so we are not off the hook... He owns us, so our sins in Adam that separated us from God are paid in full... He took the judgement we deserved on the cross... Some say well if I believe the way you do, I would sin up up to eyeballs, I'm Heaven bound anyway, but you forget one thing, Christ can put you through a living Hell till you get there... Best to follow the Lord, even if you suffer and die for him.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

There are two resurrection taught in scripture but if wasn't for the one, there would be no place for the other.

1 Corinthians 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh wow, can you not express yourself with some degree of decorum & class? Honestly what are you attempting to promote here? Grow up and address people with a calm and deliberate manner, otherwise leave the forum.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nailed it :Thumbsup

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And what happens to us sinners, us carnal Christian's?

12. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suggest you read Romans 7... Us Christians and all humanity will be carnal till the day they die but Romans 7 applies only to the child of Grace... Hope that answers your question... Brother Glen:)

Btw... Its a warfare!

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This guy does nothing but confuse me. Has he never experienced a satisfying sinful act… I mean he is a Pharisee right! He willingly had people kill correct. So that alone shows me he can’t come to terms, he loves the myriad laws his fellow Jews and willing to kill fellow Jews for crossing fictions laws. Nonsense! I don’t think he gets any satisfaction from sin… this whole war started with original sin right. Laws don’t work so God has to interfere in the lives of his people so he puts them on the right track. OK, I’m a sinner admittedly and sometimes enjoy it and prefer it.