1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Eastern Gate

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by mmetts, Jul 25, 2007.

1. mmetts

mmetts New Member

Here is a picture of the Eastern Gate: http://photo.xanga.com/mmetts/04d13137743135/photo.html

Ezekial 44:1-3 says: Then the man brought me back to the outer gate of the sanctuary, the one facing east, and it was shut. The LORD said to me, "This gate is to remain shut. It must not be opened; no one may enter through it. It is to remain shut because the LORD, the God of Israel, has entered through it. The prince himself is the only one who may sit inside the gateway to eat in the presence of the LORD. He is to enter by way of the portico of the gateway and go out the same way." (NIV)

I just thought this was really interesting and felt like sharing. :type:

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neat! Thank you. :type:

3. mmetts

mmetts New Member

Since I saw this, I started doing some more online researching about this, and the significance of the Eastern Gate (Golden Gate; Gate of Mercy) is really cool! There's a lot of prophecy that goes along with it. I'll try to update more tonight. From what I read though, (online research now, so this might not be accurate, but does make good since) Muslims sealed the Eastern Gate because they knew that would be the gate that the promised Messiah would enter through, and they didn't want him to come back. Actually, they were helping fulfill the prophecy of Ezekial by blocking the gate.
    :type: