1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Far Left Nanny State Doesn't Know When To Stop

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by mandym, May 31, 2012.

1. mandym

mandym New Member

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...s-sugary-drinks-over-16-ounces/#ixzz1wSuJHD9l

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Don't touch my uterus but definitely help me to make sure my sugar intake is safe!

**note the sarcasm**

3. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

It's a plot to trick people into exercising by making multiple trips for free refills. It is also a plot to make restaurants go broke by not being able to sell larger drinks....and therefore being forced to give away more free refills, or lose customers by charging for refills.

Remember kids: Uncle Sam knows best.

4. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

With fast-food restaurants allowing free refills, you can just refill that 16-oz several times. So banning larger cups won't accomplish anything. You can't force people to care about their health. For some unknown reason, restaurants don't seem to offer any diet drinks other than Colas, and I don't like Colas.

5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

It's more than just a "nanny state". It's ever increasing governmental control over every aspect of our lives, a few soda ounces at a time.