1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Flag

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Salty, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I agree, It is not rude to give a gift without a card. But you should at least write your name on a piece of folded wraping paper and attach it so they know who gave the gift. Unless you are going to be there when they open it. .........................

Oh you probably ment the flag. I thought it was a fine gift. All the ideas were fine except the oak tree. What if the person does not like or want an oak tree. That is not a gift you can just put out when the person comes over.

When I visited Pearl Harbor they gave flags that had been flown over the memorial if you donated an amount of money to the park. When I was there somebody had one and carried it with him on the way to the memorial. When he was there the Navy guys and gals unfolded the flag ran it up the pole and saluted, They then lowered it and folded it for him. It was really cool to watch.