1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The fulfillment gospel...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, May 6, 2013.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jon Acuff's latest book Start seems to be fulfillment gospel and has already been a smash on amazon. I believe the following books refute this gospel. What do you say?

Success Gods Way-Charles Stanley
    Follow me- David Platt

Success Gods Way by Charles Stanley

The God focused person is concerned with success that begins within and is defined in terms of eternal purpose, spiritual benefit, godly character, abiding satisfaction and fulfillment, and obedience to God's commandments and daily directives. The godly person "MAY" experience as side benefits wealth, prominence and status, but these are not primary goals and objectives. They are by-products and blessings bestowed by God (4).

Its as clear as day that START is apples and oranges from Stanley's Success Gods Way. Acuff is focused on temporal pursuits, while Stanley is focused on eternal pursuits. I'd throw Start away and get Success Gods Way instead.

#1 evangelist6589, May 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2013
  2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I'm not familiar with fulfillment gospel. A quick course on it will help me.