1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Godly Way Women Are To Dress and Look

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by PreacherOfTruth, Aug 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now thats funny right there...:laugh:

2. PreacherOfTruth

PreacherOfTruth New Member

All you Christian men that allow your wife and daughter to wear makeup. Tell me. WHY? What is the purpose?
    So they can look attractive to the opposite sex?

That is sin.

Yes or no?

Not only that...it will invite temptation. And most of the time.

They will fall to the temptation.

#42 PreacherOfTruth, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2013
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is nothing wrong with looking attractive period. And if your saying that just because a person is attractive, that temptation will happen....well not if people are Christian with a Christ like morality.

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Well, sometimes the barn needs a coat of paint ya know?

:laugh:

5. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Man you just don't get it. There are more than just Christian men walking the streets.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now thats funny right there Sister Amy?

What is scary to me big time are those types that willingly would advocate that all women cover up from head to toe ....perhaps they own a burka factory somewhere & there just itching to market the product. Again this is a question of modesty, rationality & good Christian behavior. Isnt that also respecting the Christian liberty of God's people?

With that, fire away boys!:smilewinkgrin:

7. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Some folks (especially preachers) don't know the difference between proper unoffensive grooming, and the appearance Jezebel took on when she greeted (with the intent to seduce) the victorious king. They put both in the same category or judgment.

I'm not for wild face painting that reflects a savage heathen heart.

I am for modest highlights that will attract the attention of a person to the face, in particular to the eyes, and much less to the knees and parts in-between.

It is my opinion, the easiest person for a pervert to prey upon is one who has been raised in a pentecostal setting of long hair and dresses, no make up, and meekly patters behind the male(s).

Now, I have stated what I think, YOU have stated what YOU think.

Show me in Scripture what verses speak specifically to this topic.

Remember, you can't use what anyone but Christ said, for that is YOUR standard of discerning what is acceptable Scriptures and what is not.

One point, covering or not, make up or not, or any other standard or not - NONE guarantee that in the heart of some pervert (and some believers) lust will not emerge and attempt to claim a spot or overwhelming influence.

8. PreacherOfTruth

The only ONE, anyone
    should worry about being attracted too... is GOD.

True or false?

Am I right?

And if I am right.

Then you should dress and look attractive to God.

God is only attracted to HOLINESS.

AM I RIGHT?

Yes or no?

#48 PreacherOfTruth, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2013
  9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It started with those lile cheer shorts with PINK or what have you on the back, and it progressed to these lil skanky blue jean hike ups and then to hike ups of every other makeup of fabric.

I took a 15 and a 14 year old to the local skating rink a couple of months back and we had to leave. I was embarassed for the lil 12, 13, and 14 year olds running around with pieces of their butts hanging out. It was lewd and disgusting. But parents are buying this mess for them.

10. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Wow, the extremes we go to in trying to define a simple term like "modesty".

You would think that men have zero responsibility for what they look at. Jesus taught otherwise.

I work at a college. I have earned to avert my eyes- most of the time. The times I don't- I repent.

A burka wouldn't stop some guys from lusting. The problem isn't what's on the outside, it's what is on the inside, guys!

11. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    (I don't think anyone is interested in that POV. At least not from what I've seen in the past 11 years.)

#51 Scarlett O., Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  12. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

If there were no laws against nakedness the ungodly would go around in public in their birthday suits. Years ago a man could not enter a public place in TN without a shirt on. If a man went to court the judge would not hear his case if he had long hair or ear rings. There used to be public indecent laws that kept people looking decent but now people don't care what they look like which reveals a spirit of rebellion and a rebellion against authority.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea I get it real well. But Salzer there must be some standardization of whats lude & whats not. Common sense tells you if some exceeds it.

I have worked for over 15 years in "Freak show central / NYC, & Ive seen some things that are simply unbelievable. Have you seen the naked cowboy in Times Square (a real attention getter)....or all the young models from around the world scantly clothed. Have I had impure thoughts....you better believe it (and I wasnt a Christian at the time). But you have to control these thoughts & emotions....and then substitute your thoughts to how much you love your wife & what will happen to your world if you hurt her & blow your chances of a happy life to someone who in turn loves you & wouldn't betray you. Look, none of this is easy.....we are all sinners in thoughts, words & sometimes actions. But everyone has to try & thats reality.

14. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

And your holiness, just like mine, is as "filthy rags" regardless of the dress code you establish and maintain for yourself and your family.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bingo....thank you Dave.

16. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have two teenaged boys and I see their female classmates. I've become mostly inured to it. The shock value of short shorts is long gone and since so many girls dress the same way they are not standing out from the others. Ditto for two piece swimsuits and most bikinis.

Nailed it.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would disagree with you there....and allow me to explain.

I go to a church presently that has 2 services....one is from 10 AM to 12Noon & the people who attend are Americans. At 2pm a group of East Europeans (previously living in Soviet Block Countries....Romania, Russia, Latvia, Ukrane etc (we Americans call them the Russians) have their own service....they consider themselves a Baptist Church.

Now here is how they feel about the Americans...." America is a country where the soul falls into a deep & happy sleep." The inescapable consequence of a deep & happy sleep is a spiritual & moral decline, which, eventually, threatens the very existence of a nation.

So what they see that we do not is that Americas moral foundation is crumbling & thats been happening for some time & its present condition is truly frightening. Therefore they will consciously resist what they feel has polluted these American generations. Consequently they dress well (by that I mean with class...both men & women). Yes they have women wearing skirts but the younger women probably show off their youthful figures with pencil skirts & high-heels....and yes they wear makeup....not allot but they are far more discreet. Some of the men wear suits but most are casual but I dont see any jeans or cutoffs...in fact no shorts...that would be fround upon.

So we have just become very lax in our dress, our behavior, our focus on the important things. Perhaps it takes those who waited soooo long to obtain freedom (of Religion etc) to show us the way back to a level of decency we have not lived in quite some time.

18. PreacherOfTruth

Post your questions one by one..one to each post and I will answer them.

19. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is that same guy who was on here about 6 months ago.....yes or no?

He is unstable....yes or no?

He keeps asking questions...yes or no?

He is not a good witness...yes or no?

20. thisnumbersdisconnected

I wasn't on here at the time to which you refer, but I'd have to say "Yes" to all, as evidenced by the question in his OP:

It is a question asked out of lack of understanding. He fails to realize the "standards" which he loftily praises as "God's fashion statement" have absolutely nothing to do with clothing. They have everything to do with the heart.

It isn't worth discussing further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.