1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Good News Network

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by greek geek, Aug 29, 2005.

1. greek geek

greek geek New Member

Do any of you know anything about "The Good News Network"? Specifically about their beliefs and teachings?

Their website lacks any clue as to their beliefs or doctrine. From the little I gathered from their website I'm afraid they take the more offensive, in-your-face, make people hate you type of evangelism, but I may be wrong. And there was no information as to what they consider "essential" to sharing the gospel, or their methods.

That there was nothing on their beliefs or practices worries me a bit.

thanks

2. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

3. greek geek

greek geek New Member

oops!! yes - i did mean "the GREAT news network"

sorry about that

4. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

From what I can tell, they are basically a "how to witness" evangelism school.

If you'll look at Ray Comfort's website, www.livingwaters.com , you'll see the type of evangelism they teach.

I personally don't think it's an "offensive, make people hate you" type of evangelism, but it is certainly a more "pro-active" type rather than a "lifestyle" evangelism (in other words, they teach you to go out and initiate the conversation......when talking to people, YOU turn the subject to spiritual things).

I think of it as the opposite of "lifestyle" evangelism, where "I'll just live my life as a Christian, and people will want what I've got", or "people will ask me what makes me different, and I'll tell them it's Jesus". The problem is, how many people have ever came up to you and said "I see a difference in you. I want what you've got"? Probably none, or very few.

With the method taught by this "Great News Network" and Ray Comfort at www.livingwaters.com or www.wayofthemaster.com , the idea is that you go on the "offensive" (not that you BECOME offensive), but that you take the initiative in sharing Jesus.

Hope that helps. God bless!

5. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

Hi Brian, Thanks for the tip re. livingwaters.com
    I checked it out briefly this afternoon, it's really neat.
    God Bless!

6. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

You're welcome, bruren. There's a lot of great ideas and information there.

7. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Thanks for the site.

8. bapmom

bapmom New Member

On that website they do say they are affiliated with "The Way of the Master" website, which does contain a clear Gospel message.

I don't know that I'd link arms with them, but they seem to be doing some good things in helping people to actually go out there and tell people the gospel.

9. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

The Way of the Master is an excellent method. After all, it follows the way the Master did it.