1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Government did not do this, conservative Christians did

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

I try to come home with a favorite moment, or at least a poignant moment, from the Monday night feedings. Tonight, the one moment that really sticks out in my mind is this:

There was a gentleman standing off by himself with his plate of food and he seemed like the happiest individual. Smiling and he was saying something (naturally, I thought he was talking to himself). I walked up to him to offer him a drink and I immediately found out that he wasn't talking to himself...he was talking to God. He was telling God this...

"Thank you, God! I don't deserve this! Thank you, God, for this food! I don't deserve it!"

When I handed him his drink, he thanked me very sweetly and politely (even called me "ma'am") and then he raised his cup of fruit punch and said "Thank you, God! I don't deserve this!"

Wow...here's a man with nothing and he's thankful and grateful for everything.

#1 Revmitchell, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014