1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Great Tribulation

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Christopher, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

Pretty good book: Three Views on the Millennium and Beyond [​IMG]

2. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

I couldn't resist just one more. If you follow the link to the site, (you need Adobe - you can download it there) you will find an excellent article as to the dating of the book of Revelation. If Revelation was written after AD 70, preterism, postmills, and most of the amill thought is impossible. As you will see, the best a preterist offers is grossly inadequate and lacking in reason and truth. See for yourself:
    http://www.tms.edu/tmsj/tmsj5i.pdf

3. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

In the back of my Bible different theologians have written a Summary plus Author on each of the books of the O.T. & N.T. Dr. Merrill C. Tenney, Ph.D. offered his view as to the dating of the Book of Revelation. Here is his quote. 'Conservative thought attributes it to John, the son of Zebedee,who probably wrote it about A.D. 95 in the reign of Domatian. The Western church accepted it as canonical; the Eastern church did not receive it until about the year 500.'

Ray Berrian

4. LP

LP New Member

See also for yourself how the above claim is bogus. Read the following book:

Before Jerusalem Fell: Dating the Book of Revelation by Kenneth Gentry
    `
    [​IMG]

Be sure to read the reviews of it BY CLICKING HERE

[ March 08, 2002, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: LP ]

5. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

If we are in the Great Tribulation era where are all of the judgments noted in Revelation chapters 6-17? Have you seen any ' . . . stars falling from heaven to the earth? [Rev. 6:13] Have one third of the fish of the oceans died? [Rev. 8:9] Do any people have awful sores on their bodies because the took the mark of the beast? [Rev. 16:2] Apparently, God's mercy toward people is still vibrant and well. The times of the Gentiles is not over yet. [Romans 11:25]

Ray

6. LP

LP New Member

Most of all of those have already been addressed in my LOOOONG posts above. The crux is whether we understand those events from within our tradition, or understand them from within the understanding of the original hearers.

7. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

LP,

You ignored my four questions thereby leaving them unanswered.

Ray

8. LP

LP New Member