1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Holy Spirit: His Power and Witness

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jan 7, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does He work in your life? When he does work How does he? For me He reminds me of scripture and or Biblical principles. He is the counselor and can help us in areas where the Bible is not all that clear. Recently He has told me that evangelism methods is not a hill worth dying on. Although the WOTM book is written in such a way to think that theirs is the only way to bring people to salvation this can't be right. When I get in the flesh I will militate those views on others. Sometimes I all say that Reformed theology gets too academic and not as Spirit driven as it should. People relying too much on their exegesis and academic credentials when it is God whom does the work and the changing. Charles Stanley wrote a book on this topic and he DOES NOT endorse New revelation, the Sign Gifts, or any of the Charismatic Heresies, but the man seems to rely far more on the spirits power and prayer than some of the Reformed authors.

10 years ago I had a girl-friend and we attended her Foursquare Charismatic church and there they believed that people whom did not have a talent for music could get up there and play. Or the pastor did not believe in doing deep exegesis, but just speaking from the spirits power. THESE WERE DANGEROUS VIEWS and I had some conflicts with my then girl-friend and the leaders of that church and their questionable views. Stanley no question would not advocate such questionable views of the Holy Spirit and His power. But granted it seems that the Spirit has been forgotten for the most part in the Church today outside of the heretical Charismatic movement.

#1 evangelist6589, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014