1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Impeccability of Christ

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by david reed, Sep 24, 2001.

1. preacher

preacher New Member

So then..whosoever doesn't mean whosoever, as in the book of John, & Romans(10:13).
    If whosoever is whosoever God picks to be saved, then we ARE puppets with no self will at all & the preaching of the Word is in vain. We either have free will, period, or we don't, period. Plus wouldn't God be a respecter of persons by the way you're describing?

2. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by preacher:
    So then..whosoever doesn't mean whosoever, as in the book of John, & Romans(10:13).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This thread has moved a wee-bit off topic
    :rolleyes:

Preacher, to avoid retreading over well-trod ground see the threads Free Will vs Predestination and Predestination

3. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Maybe a little "steering" in this discussion is in order. Let's address God's "foreknowledge" in respect to "predestination" and/or "election." Preacher, I could post a list of scriptures that would take up two pages on this board that speak about predestination.

Although not the easiest concept to grasp, human beings are "free moral agents" and have the "free will" to choose right from wrong.

Adam and Eve were created perfect, because at the end of the sixth day, God "observed all that he had made and it was good." But in very short order they made the wrong choice on the only restriction God had placed on them. Remember, sin had not even entered the world, although it was present in Satan. Did Adam and Eve "surprise" God by their choice? No, He had foreknowledge of "The Fall" and everything else that has happened in the history of the world.

Everyone born since Adam and Eve also are free moral agents, but no one chooses God, He chooses them.

Romans 8:28-30 (ESV)
    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

All God and no us, "so that no man can boast."

4. preacher

preacher New Member

Sorry Folks. Got caught up in the heat of the battle, er, discussion. It's Dr. Bobs fault!!... :D :D :rolleyes:

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one is really "off course". These discussions meld one-into-another with the ease of Crisco on a hot summer day! :eek:

Please, though, start a new thread. One on the foreknowledge myth that makes God a puppet of man. Or another on the myth that fallen sin-curse man is free to do right or wrong. [​IMG]

Let this one die off as its drift is not clear to the casual reader (and remeber we have hundreds a day opening these threads, reading, and NEVER responding).

You can't tell what side of the issue I'll be on!! :rolleyes:

6. preacher

preacher New Member

Okie Dokie...I'll get back to posting on others as soon as I can get used to these new hours I'm working, & I even got a Dr. here where I work said I could use his PC in his office during my breaks, which can be short or long, just depends!! ;)