1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Israel of God...by the "bad baptist"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exepe that peter stated plainly that when the Jews receive jesus as promised Messiah, then the Kingdom age of restoration would be ushered in, and we are still waiting for that to happen!

2. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not according to Jesus... when the demons are being cast out, God's reign has been restored. The king came, conquered, and ascended to his throne.

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK

DHK...no one said you believed this:thumbs:
    I have heard and read dispensational teachers who said these very things. Others have as well. maybe you have not...

Most dispensationalists have fled to the mountains on the BB. Either that or you the rapture took place and you are "left behind". They have left you to defend the whole system... Some of the dispensational brethren who could offer you support are hiding .....Sometimes I feel bad about it, I would offer support myself, but I do not want to send a mixed message.

This is not the greatest article on this topic by far...in fact grasshoppers link was superior.....but DHK....I know you do not believe some of these ideas...but you are not dealing with the content or main idea at all....you seem to be deflecting.

He offered his quotes and sources...do not attack this brother...question the content if you want to.

That is your opinion...but you can see many agree in part with his ideas...no one has shown them to be in error.
    He did not....He was quoting the dispy guy whose teaching suggested such an idea. You misread the link.
    The man does not say that God can fail.

I believe you misread it.

I do not see where he said all believe this.

again...it appears you misread the article.

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Y1

I do not see this stated plainly in this passage.where do you see the language of.....Jews receive Jesus, as promised messiah?
    Where do you see the term Kingdom age? or kingdom age of restoration?

You can wait,,,but most know it has already been started.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I have gone back to the original link. It appears that I did some looking around, and then quoted from an article on that site but not the one that the link gives. It is the same site however. This is where the confusion arises.
    Look carefully here:
    http://www.badbaptist.com/the-israel-of-god/#more-293

If you read this article you will read such things as these total misrepresentations of the views of dispensationalism:

Really? How juvenile that a person should think this is what we believe. This guy really is someting. He won't tell the truth about dispensationalism, so he will post sarcastic lies instead. It is pitiful.

And again:

Nobody here believes Christ failed. Why post it?

And the charge that dispensationalists would believe in salvation by works:

I don't believe any of the trash this person posts. His site is not legitimate. I trust now you can see my objections a bit more clearly.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the p terson of Jesus, yes, the Kingdom had come unto the earth, but the fullness of his kingdom was not ushed into the earth at that time, or do youy see famines/diseases, wicked nations, false religions not worshipping true God as what the messianic Age of messiah would be as paradise reborn?

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul stated that right now God is working with gentiles, until the fulness of us are brought in, and THEN deals with isreal...
    isreal accepting her messiah would being about a retoration, and in the contex given, that was the essianic Age of their King ruling over them on earth!
    peter stated that isreal acc

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being a citizen of Israel is no guarantee of God's approval:

Romans 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Characteristics of a true Israelite:

John 1:47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!

Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

And yes I am a "dispie" (but not of the "cookie cutter" kind).

HankD

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your source misrepresents dispensationalism through his biased characterization:

I suggest you find someone who actually knows what they are talking about and can do it fairly anf without all the emotion.

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes, as I don't know of any here who hold to Dispy, and also states that the Church and the Jewish peoples are saved under different Covenants, as both saved by the New One!

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    HankD

:thumbs:

:thumbs:

Hank....as long as you know He is coming back and we are to serve him now is the main concern. It does affect how you live and how you evangelize .

I was dispensational for a long time. It was when I studied Hebrews carefully that my understanding began to be fractured.
    Then I was curious how most of the godly teachers I was reading did not share my view that I had been taught.
    A little bit at a time...the view became harder to defend. I have no axe to grind , except with some who become blinded to examination.

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The spiritual Isrealite is the Jewish person whom the Lord jesus has saved, like the Apostle Paul!

13. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: