1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Judgement of man

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Jan 22, 2012.

1. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Think my concern is based upon his "novel" interpretation of 1 John , as Fal does not see it addressing Christians to repent/restore fellowship, as "real Christians" cannot commit ongoing sin as per his understanding! heseems to hold out view of 'sinless perfection!"

#81 DaChaser1, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2012
  2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You know you are again lying. I never have said a Christian cannot sin. You know you have lied and need to repent.
    But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

3. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

I forgot to add that you see Christians as being unable to be found continualling sinning, so just forgot to add that part to original posting!

You do hold to sinless perfection as being attainable in this life by a believer, correct?

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FAL, sometimes this is exactly the way you come across, as one who holds to the doctrine of "sinless perfection".

How many times have folks had to call you down on this?

Please give DaChaser a little leeway and explain your position before you call him a liar.
    Why not give him the benefit of the doubt of not knowing your position bcause he missed the posts in which you explain it?

In addition, many of us who have been here a while still get confused by your seeming ambivalence concerning sin in the life of a christian.

Thanks
    HankD

#84 HankD, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Forgot? Hmmmm. Well I will give you the benefit of the doubt for possible medical reasons, but if you are telling the truth then you may want to see a Doc to make sure you do not have Alzheimer's as you have done this before many times and I have clearly responded to you many times on the issue.

Also I not only believe a Child of God has the ability live without sinning I believe some have. The thief on the cross for one example.

#85 freeatlast, Jan 28, 2012
  6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Hank he is a liar! I have no problem with someone saying it seems like I believe something, but I do have a big problem with anyone who purposely lies to misrepresent my beliefs as DaChaser (JF) has done. He knows my beliefs as he has asked not just a few times but many many times (probably no less then a hundred). His statement was a deliberate lie and an attempt to provoke. He needs to repent.

As to having ambivalence to sin in the life of a Christian. I am not sure what that means based on the definition of ambivalence.

#86 freeatlast, Jan 28, 2012
  7. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Most ironic, that someone who has no problem labeling me as being a liar, and part of the lake of Fire, has no problem posting a lie like this!

That we can become sinless in this life, NO WHERE said in the Bible!

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Also tell me the sin of the thief on the cross after he was saved. What sin did he do after he was saved?.

Now who is the liar?

#88 freeatlast, Jan 28, 2012
  9. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

You REALLY think that the Lord was asking and expecting her to keep a sinless life after she met Him than?

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Are you suggesting He ws joking?

11. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

suggesting that since the Bible NO WHERE claims one can live a sinless life in this world...

Must understand the Lord as saying something different!

I believe that he was telling her to stop doing THAT particular sin in her life, but NOT saying that would be the way to get saved!

Still needed to receive jesus as her lord to get THAT part!

Goes back to a thread on "proof texting!"

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

WELL DUH! :BangHead: If she can stop that sin then she can stop any sin! He is not telling her to stop that one sin and forget about stopping any others!

How about this guy? What sin was he to stop?
    Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    am·biv·a·lence
    1. The coexistence of opposing attitudes or feelings, such as love and hate, toward a person, object, or idea.
    2. Uncertainty or indecisiveness as to which course to follow.

I have seen you post that Christians are capable of sinning.
    Please don't make me prove it.

Now it seems (underline seems) that you are saying that Christians are capable of living a sinless life.

That is "ambivalence" (see the definition).

Just because Jesus commands it doesn't mean it will happen.

He also commands us to love one another, be kindhearted to one another which happens only rarely anymore here at the BB between certain unamed individuals.

I guess if you mean if a Christian doesn't have enough time and/or opportunity to sin after being saved it might be possible.

HankD

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I understand the meaning of the word. I just do not understand it when used as you have.
    As to a Christian sinning yes we are able to sin so I am not sure of your point. We are also able not to sin, time has nothing to do wiht either. So I am not understanding what you are saying.

15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then I suppose it doesn't matter and would be better dropped rather than to protract the matter.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your seeming (please note that I used the word "seeming" ambivalence.

Thanks
    HankD

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Hank I have no problem answering the question if I understood how the word you used applies. I am not in any way "Uncertainty or indecisiveness" about the issue you asked about. As I stated I am totally convinced any saved person can live without sinning, but few have and I gave the thief on the cross as an example of one who I believe has.
    Those who say it is impossible I decisively say they are wrong.

17. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I might be inclined to agree with your proposition if the following fiat were applied.

"with God all things are possible".

But I am certainly not one with that gift.

HankD

18. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

jesus ALWAYS told the person that their faith has made them whole, that God had forgiven them due to His grace, NEVER told them was asaved because "they were to sin no more!"

19. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

problem is that the ONLY example given to us in entire Bible is jesus!

he could, as he was/is God, I am not...

So no examples of anyone, no verses supporting it, and Apostle paul still struggled with his sin naure after salvation!

Do you have revelation Apostle paul never reeceived from God, or have you attained a "higher faith walk?"

20. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The proof of faith is works and we all will be judged by our works Eph 2:10 and James 2:20,26 and if we are commandment keepers will determine if we are real and enter in Rev 22:14.
    Those who hate the commandments of God always argue against them and tell people they cannot be kept in contradiction to the word of God.

How does the Bible summarize the answer to our question, "By what standard will we be judged"?
    "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether it is good or whether it is evil." Ecclesiastes 12:13,14

Are God's commandments burdensome to those who are truly born again?
    "For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith." 1 John 5:3, 4

What motive should prompt us to keep God's law?
    "If you love Me, keep My commandments." John 14:15

1John 2:4
    He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 3:9
    Whosoever is born of God doth not commit (practice) sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot (practice) sin, because he is born of God.

Who will be admitted into heaven?
    "Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city." Revelation 22:14