1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The King's First 28 Day ReCap

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Feb 16, 2009.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's Recap:

WARNING: If You Are A Liberal, or an Obama Supporter, You May NOT Want to Read the following Post. Furthermore, I am not responsible for any personal anger you may incur from the content of this Post!

1. The American people elect a black president with a total of 143 days experience as a U S Senator from the most politically corrupt state in America whose governor is ousted from office. One of his Majesty's first official acts are the closing Gitmo and assuring the terrorists civil rights are not violated.

2. The U.S. Congress rushes to confirm a black Attorney General, Eric Holder, whose law firm, we later find out, represents seventeen Gitmo Terrorists.

3. The CIA Boss, Leon Penetta with absolutely no experience, and a daughter Linda who we now find out is a true radical, anti-American activist who is a supporter of all the Anti-American regimes in the western hemisphere.

4. In the minds of most conservatives, we now have the most corrupt female in America as Secretary of State; bought and paid for.

5. We got a Tax Cheat for Treasury Secretary [who files his own taxes].

6. A Commerce Secretary nominee who withdrew due to corruption charges.

7. A Tax cheat nominee for Chief Performance Officer who withdrew under charges.

8. A Labor Secy nominee who withdrew under charges of unethical conduct.

9. A Secy HHS nominee who withdrew under charges of cheating on his taxes.

10. American tax dollars are now killing babies all around the world.

And that's just the first four weeks. . . but who's counting.

America is being run by the modern-day management team of The Pep Boys ~ Barrack, Nancy, and Harry ~ and they are still trying to define stimulus.

Stimulus is where the government gives a smidgen of your tax dollars back to you making you feel so good about yourself [stimulated] that you want to run out to Wal-Mart and buy a new Chinese-made HDTV and go home and watch Telemundo!

* While I'd love to take credit for this "ReCap", I'll defer it to an annonymous e-mail I received, and I felt it was worth sharing.

Pastor Paul:type:
    A Conservative At Large:flower:

#1 righteousdude2, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
  2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pastor Paul,

I think you are being a bit hard on BO -
    Look at all the great things he has done!!!
    There is, well. What about- no- Wait just think of when he..:tonofbricks:

Paul, can I get back to you on this

3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Give the President a chance to demonstrate what he can do. I see a lot of hate in your posts but that's fairly normal for you. I assume you realize that Obama's predecessor was just voted the 37th "best" president in history (out of 42) in a tie with Richard "Watergate" Nixon. Actually, I don't agree with that. Nixen did some good things e.g. his opening up our relations with China.

4. targus

targus New Member

While the list in the OP doesn't tell us what he can do...

It does tell us what he already did do.

The actualized means so much more than the supposed potential.

Perhaps you could take a few of the items on the list and dispute them rather than attempting to derail the thread.

I personally would add Obama's expansion of federal funding of abortions overseas to the list.

5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, My Brother, Do Get Back With Me....

I'd love to hear what you have to say, so take all the time you need, but, I should hope you have a rebuttal within the next 3 years and 11 months?????:laugh:

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hate?

The common liberal tactic. Making failed attempts to link fact with something bad so as to redefine words or make them apply where they do not. It is a demonization so as to avoid addressing the particular facts.

7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, I Added Your Thought on Abortion

That was one that the author of this list omitted. I took your advice, and it is now officially part of this 28 day recap/report.

8. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

You didn't seem to mind the hate when it was directed against Bush. Why is it all of the sudden an issue?

Should we assume you have no substance so you go back and talk about a guy who is gone?

Why not answer the issues in the OP? Do you dispute any of them?

9. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Ridiculous comment. We're talking about our new president. He's been in office less than a month.

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is NO Hate in My Posts....

If reporting the truth and facts is hate, so be it! I don't see it as being hateful my brother. The truth is, there was no hate intended when I posted this list. May God search my heart, and find it pure! I have no conviction from the Lord for this list!:godisgood:

11. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I don't judge a president by what he does in the first month. Obama won the election. Get over it.

12. targus

targus New Member

Who's judging?

It is merely a recap of some of Obama's "accomplishments" to date.

Do you look as these things as bad or failures? Then perhaps it is you who is judging.

If you want to participate how about discussing some of the items in the recap?

13. targus

targus New Member

What part of my post was ridiculous?

Yes, he has been in office for less than a month.

And this is a recap of some of his decisions and actions during that time.

Why are you afraid to adress the issues?

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is irrelevant if it was done in the first month or the fourth year. Once it is done it should be considered by all. And all individual actions should be considered.

15. targus

targus New Member

Well, it seems that some feel that we should wait a year or so before noting that most of Obama's appointments have serious ethical flaws.

Of course in a year or so noting the same would be somewhat pointless since the appointments would have already been confirmed by Congress.

16. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

No timing is relevant. It takes a while to implement a new plan.

17. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I don't see why race is injected into the OP...it is very telling about the poster.

Plus, we have no king in the US.

#17 Magnetic Poles, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
  18. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

What does their being black have to do with anything? The fact that you continue to revisit the color of peoples skin as an issue really smacks of racism.

The sad part is while I agree with your argument about how Obama has done to date. Your argument loses all credibility when you make it about race.

I do think his inexperience has really been exposed and he has done a very poor job so far even though it is still early. I only wish you would leave the color of his skin out of it from now own, it is embarrassing.

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are trying to rebutt any and all criticism by saying the end of his plan has not come to completion. It is not a legitimate argument. We have the right, and should, to look at every step made along the way. Which gives us a view of where he intends to go. When you can refute every point with something of substance then you have a legitimate rebuttal right or wrong.

20. targus

targus New Member

What does timing have to do with his choice of ethically challanged appointments?

What do you think the plan is in choosing a bunch of tax cheats to head his administration?