1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

'The Life of Elijah' by A.W. Pink

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Martin Marprelate, Jun 12, 2023.

1. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At my church we have decided to do a mid-week Bible Study of Elijah.
    I read Pink's book 15 or 20 years ago, and remember being very blessed by it. I have started reading it again in preparation for the Bible Study and it is every bit as good as I remember.

Pink takes every detail of Elijah's life and relates it to the present day, which is very prescient of him since he was writing around 100 years ago! He challenges us with Elijah's faith and obedience, and draws comfort for us from his depression and failure after his victory on Mt. Carmel.

I am a big Pink fan, but I think this may perhaps be his best book.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read it also, probably 35 yrs ago, loved it, love Pink.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have his gleanings series and I know I've read The Life Of Elijah... I guess my favorite so far is The Seven Sayings Of The Savior On The Cross... I refer to it frequently and quote it every now and then... Pink to me is a Type and Shadow man as I am... Love those comparisons... The Bible is just not a leisure read to me, its a book to devour... EAT IT UP!... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Btw... Martin!... The one I'm reading at the time, whatever Pink it is, is his best book;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. RipponRedeaux

RipponRedeaux Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Walkington is my hero. I think The Sovereignty Of God is his best. I am presently rereading The Attributes Of God by him. And I'm also rereading JI Packer's book God's Words. Those two are classics.

I will get around to reading his book on The Life Of Elijah. It's 313 pages in my copy.

Aside from the Scriptures (I'm in the middle of Judges) I usually read several books at a time. One day my eyes will grow dim and I'll resort to audiobooks.