1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The ME fallacy's false inheritance

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Alright, so be it...you believe it applies to the Jews. I believe Tozer was speaking against this heresy.

2. npetreley

npetreley New Member

This verse, all by itself, is most telling. How can they be rejected from the kingdom (as ME states) and still be called children of the kingdom?

3. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

This is funny. I think I would like to go another round.

Can you please tell this deceptive deciever exactly where he EVER said Spurgeon or Tozer were millennial exclusionists? If not, THEN WHO IS TRYING TO DECEIVE WHO?

As far as Govett and Taylor, I already provided the direct quotes. It is not even questionable. Both believed that a saved Christian could be excluded from the Kingdom.

4. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Ears to hear but he hears not.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The physical children of Abraham who should have inherited a kingdom rejected the kingdom and were cast into outer darkness. How hard is this to see.

He came to his own (the Jews--the children of the kingdom); and they received him not.
    But as many as received him to them gave he power to become the sons of God even to them that believe on his name.

Which ones inherited the kingdom?

6. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Never seen that of him more importantly did he ever write that save believers born again Saints will spend eternity in hell under any circumstances. Unless you can provide that quote you are just trying to prop up your heresy with nothing.

7. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

He said...

Did Tozer believe that the unfaithful servant was a saved believer?

8. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

So which part of our doctrine is, in your opinion, heresy?

• That a Christian, if disobedient and unrepentant, is subject to very serious negative reward at the JSOC? (Tozer, Dehaan,)
    • That that punishment may include being excluded from reigning with Christ during the Millennium? (this is the line for ME -AE Wilson, H Taylor, Hodges, C. Stanley)
    • Of the the one excluded will be cast into outer darkness/The underworld/Hell for the duration of the Kingdom? (Govett, Lang, Nee, SS Craig, Faust, Myself, etc.)
    I personally have never included Tozer or Dehaan in the ME camp. And no one in these discussions (AFAIK) has ever tried to claim either taught the hell part. However I find their views on Christian accountability very refreshing and edifying.

My point is that not all MEers (I doubt even all of the ones here on the BB) teach the Hell part. So some we claim as ME proponents were just that. they taught that a Christian could be excluded from the Millennial Kingdom.

9. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Not at all. It sounds like he believed the saved person could lose their salvation.

10. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I'm not running for any office and I endorse this message. Well said.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Why do you try to argue from the point of a parable? It doesn't matter. We don't know. Here is his conclusion of the matter. And that is what does matter:
    That conclusion can be taken a number of ways.
    I can agree with it without reading into it your theology.
    So why do you read into a person's writings things that are not there?

12. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Very well. Since this is obviously not the case as AW Tozer taught the eternal security of the believer...what was he talking about?

"To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.” - AW Tozer​

13. 2 Timothy2:1-4

I can just say that we as saints disagree in the exlusion Part. To say that believers will be in hell is complete heresy. To say that the message Jesus came to preach is the millenium is heresy.

14. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Parables matter.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" - 2 Timothy 3:16

Why do you cast out scripture you don't understand?
    Only those that see but see not and hear and hear not can not know.

"Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand." - Matthew 13:13

I have not done so.

15. 2 Timothy2:1-4

I dont know but it doesnt sound like ME either. Where did he write that Saints will be excluded in any way?

#115 2 Timothy2:1-4, Aug 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2007
  16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Don't put words in my mouth and misconstrue what I said. Now you are the one say silly and ridiculous things. I think you know very well that I was referring to the conclusion of a parable that you keep harping on supposedly quoted by Tozer. I have told you before, and I tell you again, that to determine doctrine out of parables without evidence from other NT teaching leads to heresy. That is how the cults operate and that is how you are operating! Leave it!!
    So leave it. Your eyes are darkened that you cannot see the meaning of the parable, and yet you go on and on about it.
    If I can read that passage and agree with it fully, then it becomes obvious that you are reading into it whatever you want.
    "There is no God." (Psalm 14:1)
    Read into Scripture whatever you want.

17. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

So let it be written! So let it be done!
    Or ignore what you don't like/can't explain.

18. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

You had better apologize Rufus. Putting words in someone's mouth is not nice.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

James I have explained it. You can go back in the posts and read my explanation. But I am weary of the same question beng continually asked. I am also weary of a method of interpretation of parables that is hermeneutically incorrect and is popular with cults. It upsets me greatly when I see this going on. It tells me that people are not studying their Bibles but only following blindly the teachings of a man. That is a pity.

20. standingfirminChrist

From what I have seen the last few days concerning the ME trash, its proponents are only on here to question God's Holy Word and mock His people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.