1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The moment of salvation. When is it?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TexasSky, Aug 22, 2005.

1. According to what I have learned is that, in the Old Testiment up till Jesus died and rose again and when the Holy Spirit came at Penticost. That believers were impowered BY the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit CAME and WENT, he never stayed forever like he does today.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That makes sense. My interest is piqued. I think I will do a personal study on this. Thanks [​IMG]

3. Lets me know what you come up with I never did a thorough study on that one. I know you will have to go to the OT alot. If you have a huge concordance that will help. Look up all the verses on the Holy Spirit. Or go on line and see what good Bible Pastors have written on the subject.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to disagree, MP.

1. Judas apparently decided, with Satan's help, that Jesus wasn't the Messiah. I don't think he ever believed Jesus was the Messiah. He was interested in the fame, and the money, is what the Bible seems to indicate. He was never a regenerate soul;

2. His repentance was a worldly type of repentance, the same repentance Esau displayed. The truly repentant runs to the only source of forgiveness. His was self-centered. He hung himself, instead of running to Christ for forgiveness. Pride still ruled. He was unregenerate.

3. Your third point would be purely speculative.
    Remember that God foreordained events in order for the crucifixion to take place (see Acts 4:27-28), and what God has decreed always comes to pass.

4. Jesus would no more intercede for Judas than He would intercede for the wicked. That prayer was for His people.

5. Jesus Himself called Judas the son of perdition. In God's wonderful plan of salvation for His people, Judas played a key role. He was not of God's people, and somewhere in there is a principle.
    Apart from Judas and others in the Bible whom God had clearly defined as not His, no one has the right to judge another's salvation, either by reason of his creed, or by reason of his life.
    God is able, at any time between dying and death, to quicken or regenerate those that are His.