1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Necessity of Special Creation

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by standingfirminChrist, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's the difficulty which I encounter with her too.

I repeatedly explained the Zera has the other common meanings than the seed for the plants and for sperms etc.
    Zera was used often for the Offspring, DEscendant, Child etc.

Nevertheless she repeat the verse Genesis 3:15 only without answering about Heb 7:1-5, Genesis 18, John 1:14, Matthew 1:20

2. standingfirminChrist

Where do you get that it means 'direct blood descendant'?

The child does not have the mother's blood. He did not have Mary's blood, nor Joseph's.

Let me post the definition of seed in Genesis 3:15.

Strong's Hebrew Dictionary
    2233. zera`
    Search for H2233 in KJVSL
    erz zera` zeh'-rah
    from 2232; seed; figuratively, fruit, plant, sowing-time, posterity:--X carnally, child, fruitful, seed(-time), sowing- time.

Where does it say 'direct blood descendant' there?

3. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Concept of Virgin Birth is different between RCC and Biblical Christians.

1. RCC - Virgin Birth means that the ovum of Mary was fertilized with Holy Spirit

2. Biblical Christians - Word became Flesh and therefore there was no chance the eggs of Mary to be used, Word of God came with the enfleshment to this world.

4. standingfirminChrist

Joe,
    Google "The Chemistry of the Blood" by MR DeHaan. He was a medical doctor. In sermon #4, DeHaan explains why the blood is not shared between mother and child.

Never mind, here is the site for The Chemistry of the Blood

#44 standingfirminChrist, Jan 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  5. standingfirminChrist

http://through-the-veil.com/pages/main.html

Click link that says 'Through the Word".

6. standingfirminChrist

'her seed' refers to Christ, not a woman's egg. By Mary allowing herself to be the vessel to carry our Lord and Savior, He was the seed Genesis speaks of.

zera means offspring.

egg, ovum, are not described as definitions of seed in Genesis 3:15. We cannot make it egg or ovum.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

MY, How quickly this thread took off after the other was closed.

"Seed refers to 'Christ' not a woman's egg"
    Funny, The Bible never speaks of "Christ, the Seed" does it?
    The word "seed" is used 255 times in the Bible, but only 52 of those usages are in the NT which SFIC seems to ignore. Of course the great number of times that it is used in the OT testament refers to planting seed.

SFIC, you ignore the totality of Scripture, and posit one Scripture against another making the Bible contradict itself. The Bible doesn't contradict itself. Your interpretation of Genesis 3:15 is untenable.

Seed could refer to offspring as you say. But the offspring always comes through the seed of a man. That is why the prophecy is so unusual. It mentions the "seed" of a woman. The seed refers, in opposition to that which a man carries that passes the sin nature from generation to generation. It refers to something that happens at conception. It obviously must refer to the ovum, where Christ would come from--the seed of the woman. In context it can't refer to anything else. Only Christ would come from "this seed" and no other.
    Many would come from the seed of David, but only one would inherit his throne. David would have many children, and likewise the children would have children, but only one would inherit the throne. But why stick to the Old Testament usage which is far more vague than the NT. Are you afraid to make a case with the NT, which gives a more definitive case for the word?

But first look at Isaiah 7:14
    Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Uh oh, there's that nasty word "conceive" that we don't like to talk about, right? In one post you defined it as begat or born. In other words Christ was born and then nine months later born again. Now that's a trick!

"conceive"
    The word means "become pregnant," which is impossible without an ovum. It has its traditional meaning of "conceive," and no other.

The prophecy is that a virgin will conceive. Her ovum will become fertilized and a child will be born and his name will be called Immanuel. What a great verse, and a great teaching. Amen! The NT tells us that it can't be done without the Holy Spirit. It is a miracle of God. It is the miracle of the Virgin Birth. And it is clearly spelled out right here in the OT.

In a post in the other thread I detailed the biology of how a child is born. Let me repeat it for the sake of this thread:

"Now, as delically and tactfully as we can let's insert some biology here. What happens when a child is born?
    The ovum of the mother is fertilized by the sperm.
    Shortly after mitosis occurs, giving rise to two cells, which in turn give rise to four cells and continue to duplicate.
    After about 3 days the embyo has become a mass of about 16 cells and makes its way to the uterus. There cell division continues.

What is important to note is that as the embryo grows it takes no blood from the mother. It produces its own blood, its own circulatory system, as it does all of its own organs. None of the mother's blood enters into the child."

How was Jesus born? He was conceived by the Holy Spirit. The Scripture emphasizes this point over and over again--a fact which you refuse to accept. How is the word seed used? It is used in the sense of "sperm" again a fact that you refuse to believe. Let's consider the evidence.

John 7:42 Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?
    --The Pharisees were speaking of the physical family of Christ. Where did Christ come from? What does this word "seed" mean?
    The primary meaning, as even the Greek word indicates, is the male sperm. It is quite obvious. When the primary meaning fits the context one doesn't go and take secondary and other meanings. That is characteristic of cults.

How was Christ born?
    Luke 1:34-35 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
    35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Matthew 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

That which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
    The question which you have never been able to answer is: what is conception when it comes to the virgin birth? What was conceived? What does conceive mean in this case? What happened nine months before Christ was born?

The Bible is clear on this; but you are not.
    The answer is given in Luke 1:35
    The power of the Highest overshadowed her.
    That "holy thing" which SHALL be born in thee shall be called the Son of God.
    No self respecting angel would call the Son of God a "thing." He was referred to as a thing, for he was at that time simply an ovum, or perhaps a fertilized egg, or along that stage. It was nine months before the Son of God would be born. Mary didn't even know that she was pregnant, as is evidenced from verse 34.

The very fact that the word "conceive" is used so many times throughout the various accounts is fairly good evidence that an ovum was fertilized in a miraculous way by the Holy Spirit. He escaped a sin nature, because the sperm of a man was not used. The sin nature is passed through the "seed of a man". The term "seed of a woman" is unusual and indicates a miraculous and unique birth, a birth out of the ordinary, a virgin birth.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

As you failed to point out, though, it means "with child", too. I believe that to be the correct english definition in this circumstance, else "becoming pregnant" involves a sexual relationship, and we know that did not occur.
    The text would more accurately read "Behold a virgin shall be with child...". That in itself is a miracle.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And virgins don't have sexual relations until they become married and still remain virgins.
    "Behold I give you a sign That was the sign-- Becoming pregnant, conceiving without sexual relations or without the involvement of a man.

10. standingfirminChrist

Again, the seed was not Mary's egg.

If it were, Genesis 3:15 would have to be interpreted

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between your egg and her egg; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

The seed of the woman in Genesis 3:15 is clearly prophecy of the Christ, not Mary's egg.

#50 standingfirminChrist, Jan 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Satan's seed turned out to be the Pharisees and all the unsaved for whom Christ died for. Satan works through unsaved individuals. Remember that Satan entered into the heart of Judas.
    The seed of the woman can only refer to Christ.
    Yes it makes perfect sense.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

13. standingfirminChrist

The Hebrew word zera does not mean egg no matter how many times one tries to make it say that. It was not Mary's egg God was speaking of in Genesis 3:15.

14. standingfirminChrist

Dr Henry Morris explained it well. I thank God for men like him who have studied it out and had a heart to reveal the fact that Mary's egg was not used at all.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

SFIC,
    Answer my post! Quit avoiding details. Take the post and answer it point by point. Your objection to one verse doesn't count for a hill of beans when put in context with the rest of the Bible. So stop beating around the bushes and answer the rest of the post.

16. standingfirminChrist

When put in context with the rest of the Bible, it makes perfect sense.
    God prepared Him a body (Hebrews 10:5). God did just that. He prepared a body and placed it in the womb of Mary... thereby eliminating the need for the male 's role in conception in reproduction and the female's was well. Neither provided that which was needed.

17. standingfirminChrist

To become pregnant is also impossible without a male's sperm cell, but it happened, didn't it.

Why do you find it so hard to believe that God impregnated Mary without an ovum?

With God nothing is impossible. And Genesis 3:15 proves that the seed was offspring... The Christ, not Mary's egg.

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I refuse to go around in circles with you anymore.
    I have posted a fairly lengthy post. This is a debate forum. If you refuse to answer I will assume you are not interested in any kind of intelligent debate.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Now we are getting somewhere.
    We are not speaking of what God could do, and all the possibilities that He had at hand. We are looking at the Scriptures and seeing what God did do.
    Let me throw back the same question at you:

Why do you find it so hard to believe that God used Mary's ovum, as Isaiah 7:14 teaches?

Behold I shall give you a sign: a virgin shall conceive and bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Immanuel.

The virgin (Mary) conceived. There is only one meaning for that event.

#59 DHK, Jan 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2008
  20. standingfirminChrist

Funny, I do not see Mary's ovum mentioned in Isaiah 7:14. As webdog pointed out, I believe 'conceived' there means she was pregnant.

Nowhere is her ovum mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.