1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Obama Win: Explanations And Theories

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Nov 6, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This election all the law suits to include ACORN were initiated by the right.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:

Of course.

ACORN is a well known criminal organization working on behalf of democrats. Why would democrats sue their own?

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "And most important note the smiley face that indicates funny, humor, tongue firmly in cheek etc."

Reality seems to evade you :thumbs:

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

Come, now. WHen SNL does a parody of how "kid gloves" the media was with Obama, you've got to admit...they took it easy on him. If you don't see this, it's because you're intentionally not looking.

I'm not arguing here about McCain's treatment. That might be debatable. But it is crystal clear that Obama got handled with kid gloves by the press.

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

Remember, class...this poster didn't have a problem with a fellow being paid with cigarettes to register 72 times.

This is the same mindset that opposes all types of Voter ID. Now why would someone object to officials asking a voter to prove who they say they are?

I think all of us grounded in reality know the answer.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Conservatives had no horse in the race.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...turnout-same-or-only-slightly-higher-than-04/

Report: '08 turnout same as or only slightly higher than '04
    Posted: 01:55 PM ET
    From CNN Associate Producer Martina Stewart

WASHINGTON (CNN) – A new report from American University’s Center for the Study of the American Electorate concludes that voter turnout in Tuesday’s election was the same in percentage terms as it was four years ago — or at most has risen by less than 1 percent.

The report released Thursday estimates that between 126.5 and 128.5 million Americans cast ballots in the presidential election earlier this week. Those figures represent 60.7 percent or, at most, 61.7 percent of those eligible to vote in the country.

“A downturn in the number and percentage of Republican voters going to the polls seemed to be the primary explanation for the lower than predicted turnout,” the report said.

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

Billwald,

It is obvious you are lacking in the clue category. Would you like to borrow one of mine?

I never ceased to be amazed that we have American citizens that think Bush is pure evil. What a stunning display of ignorance of history, perspective, and common sense.

9. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

The Wall Street Journal is a very conservative newspaper. I seriously doubt that they had an Obama bias. I'd like to see some examples of what you considered biased reporting. people keep saying this but as for myself the only real bias I've seen in mainstream newspapers or News organizations has been on Fox News. The other consideration is Obama won in a landslide across all types of voters. Maybe what you considered biased was simply reporting on who was the better candidate.