1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Parrot

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by tyndale1946, Aug 24, 2023.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. An older man, living alone, decided he wanted to add a pet companion to his life. After thinking long and hard about the decision, he buys a parrot and brings it home. However, the parrot almost immediately starts insulting the older man and gets really rude. In a moment of frustration, the man picks up the parrot and tosses it into the freezer to teach it a lesson. But when the bird stops squawking, the man panics and opens the freezer. The parrot walks out, looks up at the man, and says, “I apologize for offending you, and I humbly ask your forgiveness.” The man replies, “Well, thank you. I forgive you, and I’m sorry too.” The parrot then says, “If you don’t mind my asking… what’d the chicken do?”... Brother Glen:Laugh

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Pollina

Pollina New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your joke reminds me of something. I recently saw a video on social media where a parrot was feeding snacks to a man while he was watching TV. Do you think he also visited the freezer?

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well if I did have a parrot he wouldn't have worry about the freezer... You see my wife and I are vegetarians... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another parrot joke…

Three sons left home, went out on their own and prospered. Getting together for Christmas, they discussed the gifts they were able to give their elderly mother.

The first said, "I will build a big house for our mother."

The second said, "I will give her a Mercedes."

The third smiled and said, "I've got you both beat. You remember how mom enjoyed reading the Bible? And you know she can't see very well. So I sent her a remarkable parrot that recites the entire Bible. It took elders in the church 12 years to teach him. He's one of a kind. Mom just has to name the chapter and verse, and the parrot recites it."

Soon thereafter, Mom sent out her letters of thanks:

"Dear Milton," she wrote one son, "The house you built is too huge. I live in only one room, but I have to keep the whole house clean!"

"Dear Gerald," she wrote to another, "I am too old to travel. I stay at home most of the time, so I rarely use the Mercedes."

"Dearest Donald," she wrote to her third son, "You have the good sense to know what your Mother likes. The chicken was Dee-licious!"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Pollina

Pollina New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, it's a very nice joke... And indeed... sometimes the simplest gifts bring the greatest joy. Despite the extravagant gestures of the first two sons, it was the thoughtful and practical gift of the third son, the parrot, that brought the most happiness to their mother, even if not in the way he intended. However, it's a pity for the parrot...