1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The past three weeks or so

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Salty, Nov 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The past several weeks I have been looking at several posts - both on open threads and a couple that I was included in a pm.

I have noticed that many people have been sending in reports complaining about other posters. Many of these reports have been frivolous to some extent. Some have been sent in accusing others of being liars.
    This business of calling other liars is one of my pet peeves. We should reserve that for extreme situations.
    Often these complaints are in the C vs A sections. Also we see some constantly making snide remarks such as "the KJVO myth". (and I am not KJO). Some have very firm convictions. Mark 9:40 tells us "For he who is nut against us is on our side" (NKJV)

Some have complained that I do not take enough actions on some of these reports. Well, as the saying goes - be careful what you ask for, you might get it!

For two weeks - I was on vacation - I looked at BB infrequently - as I could only do so when I was in a motel at night - as I did not have access to the net otherwise. I had driven over 2500 miles - so when I bedded down for the night - making a lot of posts was not quite on top of my list.

I realize that many of us have some differences in our beliefs - we do like to joke about us being the "Heinz 57 variety of Baptists; not to mention other Evangelical groups. However, we do need to agree with the Five Fundamentals:

There are five fundamentals of the faith which are essential for Christianity, and upon which we agree:

1. The Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 1:1; John 20:28; Hebrews 1:8-9).

2. The Virgin Birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:27).

3. The Blood Atonement (Acts 20:28; Romans 3:25, 5:9; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 9:12-14).

4. The Bodily Resurrection (Luke 24:36-46; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, 15:14-15).

5. The inerrancy of the scriptures themselves (Psalms 12:6-7; Romans 15:4; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20).

Yes, we can discuss other issues - but lets do it in brotherly love. On one hand I would like to say it makes not difference if you are pre, post or mid trib, even some believe the rapture happened in AD 70. Fine lets discuss, but we do not need to put our brethren down. What we need to do is to build other up - as we fight the "god of this world" he is doing all he can to divide us - we need to be united as we seek to bring the unsaved to salvation.

We can start right here on BB. We can lean from others - but we do not need to tear other Christians down. I Thes 5:25 exhorts us "Brethren Pray for us"

This morning, I was preaching on sanctification. One of the points was from the verse I Thes 5:23 "Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. .... (vs 25) Brethren pray for us"

Yes, Jesus did a job in the temple against the money changers - but that was the rare exception. Normally he show love to others. Lets be more like Jesus on Baptist Board.

#1 Salty, Nov 7, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.