The people need to rise up

Discussion in 'Politics' started by freeatlast, Apr 16, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast
    Expand Collapse

bad information

#1 freeatlast, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2011
  2. Salty

Salty
    Expand Collapse
    20,000 Posts Club

I wish this rumor would stop flying thur the information superhighway

For all the actual info - click here for Snopes
    (note the first part is listing the rumors - the true info is toward the bottom of the page)

First, it is not one term - it is a minimum period of 5 years which would be 3 terms.
    Second, they do not get it immediately upon leaving office (unlike the military) rather they mus pass a certain age.

Third - They do contribute to bot ha retirement system and to Social Security.

Fourth, I am getting tired of bringing up this link - I don't know how many times I have gotten this stupid email.

Folks, please check the FACTS before passing on false info

I will mention that the retirement for Congress is way too generous, but facts are still facts.

(personally, I believe there should be no retirement for congress -)

3. freeatlast

freeatlast
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the quick response. I will remove this post.I usually check this stuff out, but I got it from someone I felt reliable. Still my fault for not checking, thanks again.

4. Salty

Salty
    Expand Collapse
    20,000 Posts Club

Nothing personal, ( esp after that post I made of your quote on the Calif Bill !

But go ahead and leave this entire thread up, including your OP, so people will be aware, and have the facts when it comes to their E-mailbox in the next 1,ooo days...

Sometimes some folks are so desperate to prove their point they get so over excited and will go to any extreme