1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Pre Mil Position

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Allan

Allan Active Member

Depending on the position you are dealing with it still amounts to about the same. (those two positions are Replacement or Continuation theologies)

The Church is now Israel, only we are Israel spiritually and all the promises made to the people were not really meant to be literal but spiritually understood. IOW - all the prophesies of restoration are actaully spiritually fulfilled in Christ. There is nothing physical ( literal) about those promises in their understanding.

And just in case you aren't familar with the two theologies I just mentioned here they are in a nut shell.
    Replacement - The church has replaced Israel as God's people
    Continuation - (first, I don't know if that is what it is actaully called but it will suffice) The church is the continuation of the true spiritual Israel and that there is no disction between them and the Church.

#41 Allan, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
  2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: What? I hope I simply do not understand your position yet. Are you saying that the land involved, the physical space and dirt, was not to be taken literally by Abraham as a real parcel of real estate in the covenant God made to Abraham and his descendants?

#42 Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 14, 2009
  3. Allan

Allan Active Member

What group or view is a partial Pret but not Amil or post in the eschatology?

That is one variation yes and it typical of the Amil view point.
    The Post (who is also a partial pret) states as you did that judgment against and the destruction of Israel is a past event but what is left to come is Christ's return, the Great white throne judgment and the millenial reign.

Remember that the Pret position holds the majority of prophies concerning end times has been fulfilled. Thus the basic but concise defintion of a Preterist as I quoted earlier without giving any specifics as to what constitutes partial or full.

4. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks Allan. I think that's a fair assessment. This was from my note on amil earlier -- "most amillennialists insist that the promises made to national Israel, David and Abraham in the OT are fulfilled by Christ and the Church during this age."

5. Allan

Allan Active Member

Not with regard to the Amil or Post-mil view, no.

I am neither. I am hybrid so to speak. I hold closer to a historic Pre-mil view with definate Dispensational tendencies.

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Allan, thanks for all the info. However, I think you are wrong on the Seventh Day Adventists. When the prophecies of Jesus' return in the 1800s (3 different times) failed, someone decided that Jesus did return in 1844, but the "return" was Jesus entering the heavenly sanctuary. However, they still believe Jesus will come back. They believe that when He does, those worshiping on Sunday will be found to be in league with the anti-christ.

Source
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventh-day_Adventist_eschatology

This is from a So. Baptist site:
    The SDA Church teaches that we are in the last days. They do not set a date for the second coming, but imply that it will be soon. Bible prophecy can be understood from world history, as interpreted by Mrs. White. The SDA remnant church is proclaiming the final call for all people to prepare for the coming of Christ. They believe certain, specific signs will precede the end, especially a worldwide legal requirement for Sunday worship, the mark of the beast.
    Source:
    http://www.4truth.net/site/c.hiKXLbPNLrF/b.2951373/k.61F1/Seventhday_Adventism.htm

7. Allan

Allan Active Member

Hey I got one right !! :laugh: :godisgood:

8. Heavenly Pilgrim

Allan, can you state your beliefs in clear terms for the list? Do you believe that the land involved, the physical space and dirt, was not to be taken literally by Abraham as a real parcel of real estate in the covenant God made to Abraham and his descendants?

9. Allan

Allan Active Member

Yes, you are correct. I was remembering their views prior to that reversal of thinking. Thanks Marcia.

10. Heavenly Pilgrim

I feel a Bobby Ryan coming on! I feel it in my bones!:smilewinkgrin:

11. Allan

Allan Active Member

I do believe that those promises which God gave to Abraham and David (not neglecting the other but these suffice) are to still be fulfilled.

I believe that God has not cast those who He foreknew away (Rom 11:1), anymore than He will cast aside us or those whom He did foreknow (Rom 8:29)

Is that clear on that portion?

12. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

13. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

This is the SDA view of the endtimes, according to this article. I went on the official SDA site several years ago, and read for myself their words that those worshipping on Sunday would be aligned with the antichrist. When I tried to find that again, they had rearranged their website and it seems, removed that part. I tried several times to find it. I think they still believe it but they don't like people knowing that.

Also, SDAs have TV shows and seminars which they sponsor but they keep the SDA name out of it. They also have sometimes aligned themselves with cults that bring suits against various organizations or people.

Source
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventh-day_Adventist_eschatology

14. Allan

Allan Active Member

I think this is about to turn from Pre-mil views to SDA views :laugh:
    Mainly because I agree with HP, I hear Bob Ryan gettting closer and both guns are loaded :laugh:

15. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Not in the least. You did not answer the question that I asked in the least that I can tell. Try it again.

16. Allan

Allan Active Member

Ok you stated
    I said:
    So what are you not understanding. I directly answered your question.
    Do I beleive?.. I do believe..[editted in] that the land promised to Isreal is still to be fulfilled as their possession.

#56 Allan, Jan 14, 2009
  17. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Sure, you believe, just like Obama has hope. Whatever Allan. :sleep:

18. InChrist

InChrist New Member

So if all the Scriptures I quoted in the previous post, regarding a literal future restoration of the nation of Israel, are now to be understood as promises for the Church (us), then what exactly is it that the Church is being restored from?

These prophecies in their original context concerned the physical nation of Israel in the physical land that God had promised to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, a nation who had profaned the name of the Lord their God with their idolatry and wickedness. God's promises to restore the nation of Israel are not for THEIR sakes, but for HIS very own name's sake.

So how can this prophesied future restoration of the fallen nation of Israel for the Lord's Name sake now be fitted to the Church, who is the very Body of Christ?

19. Heavenly Pilgrim

You have to understand that Allan 'believes,' InChrist. :smilewinkgrin:

20. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Don't worry, I'm not going to turn into an SDA thread!

I know what you mean about the guns loaded! :laugh: