1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Priority of Lordship

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Martin, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I got a real kick out of Lou's comment in post #127 . He said : " I do NOT want to and will NOT redirect this good discussion of LS to a debate over Calvinism ."

I looked back on this thread and he was denouncing Calvinism left and right many times . He confessed on post # 102 that he didn't want to go that route [ a discussion of Calvinism ] , but then he did nevertheless .

Aside from slight comments made on a couple posts -- I noted his slams on Calvinism in the following posts : 41 , 43 , 45 , 59 , 78 , 101 , 103 , 106 .

Just keepin' it real here .

2. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Almost missed this one ES.

Must disagree with you on this Ed, as this is for further enlightenment of the "dispensational gospel of Paul" to we Gentile's. He imparts more of the gospel of God "reconciling the world unto Himself". This is our (Gentile) book. This is Gentile territory, far removed from Jerusalem, and the "Kingdom Church". Paul says I go to the Gentiles.

Paul alludes to the Gentile 26 times in Romans, more than the use of this word combined in the four Gospels, James, John, Peter, Jude, and Revelation. In Acts we see the movement of the gospel being given to the Gentile to preach the "grace commission" to the world. We Christians today need to study much more closely the Book of Romans to make ourselves approved, especially we Gentile's. It is here we today find the gospel of Christ Jesus from heaven. Just who is the man Paul? "For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office", Romans 11:13.

Can we Gentiles be established by believing the gospel of Peter, of James, or of John only? Are they our Apostles, or is Paul? Did not James, Peter, John and the rest shake the hands of those sent to the Gentiles (Acts 13) advising they of the circumcised would not preach their gospel to the uncircumcised? Do we believe what man wishes us to believe that surely Jesus offered the "Kingdom" to the Gentile as well as the Jews? The Word of God says no such thing.

Romans 1:11 referred to above reads, "For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established". Where is our salvation today to be established? Paul's foundational gospel of the "Body Church", or Peter's foundational gospel of the "Kingdom Church"?