1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The question everyone was afraid to ask...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by I Am Blessed 24, Apr 10, 2008.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Is Obama the anti-Christ?

Keep your eyes on the skies, Jesus is coming soon!!!

God help us if this man is elected!! But it is all stated in the Bible and it will happen sooner or later.

This is from Darlene Millican, wife of the pastor of Trinity Bapt. Church here in Sun City .

I have felt for sometime now that Obama is the one person that 'Frightens Me'. I believe the Bible has warned us that 'A man will come from the East that will be charismatic in nature and have proposed solutions for all our problems and his rhetoric will attract many supporters!'

When will our pathetic Nation quit turning their back on God and understand that this man is 'A Muslim'....First, Last and always....and we are AT WAR with the Muslim Nation, whether our bleeding-heart, secular, Liberal friends believe it or not. This man fits every description from the Bible of the 'Anti-Christ'!

I'm just glad to know that there are others that are frightened by this man!

Who is Barack Obama?

Very interesting and something that should be considered in your choice.

www.snopes.com confirms this is factual. Check for yourself.

Who is Barack Obama?

U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM from Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white ATHEIST from Wichita , Kansas

Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii .
    When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya .

His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia .

When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocate to Indonesia . Obama attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta . He also spent two years in a Catholic school.

Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is quick to point out that, 'He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school.'

Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that that he is not a radical.

Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct influence over his son's education.

Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta .

Wahabism is the RADICAL teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world.

Since it is politically expedie nt to be a CHRISTIAN when seeking major public office in the United States , Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim background.

ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the Koran.

Barack Hussein Obama will NOT recite the Pledge of Allegiance nor will he show any reverence for our flag. While others place their hands over their hearts, Obama
    turns his back to the flag and slouches. Do you want someone like this as your PRESIDENT?

Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential candidacy.

The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US from the inside out, what better way to start than at the highest level - through the President of the United States, one of their own! The Bible says 'He will come from among you!'

Would you want this man leading our country?

NOT ME!!!

WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

Another note: Oprah Winfrey is one of Obama's biggest supporters and we all know about her 'new age' movement and her declaration all the time that we are all god's and that goodness and miracles are within us. We can do and be anything all on our own!!!

WITHOUT GOD, WE ARE NOTHING!!!

Comments please?

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I took your advice and found the link Ken posted. I think it answers most of the issue raised.

First I have heard of Obama being the Anti-Christ. Thats makes about number 50 since I was first saved.

4. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

THE anti-christ? No (not from Illinois:laugh:)

AN anti-christ? Sure. Just listen to him...

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I do not want Obama as President in any way, shape, or form, but can we not be honest about him and his background? This email stuff has been around and shown to be false so many times it is not even funny.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is especially troubling when Christians spread such garbage without checking it out first to see if any of it is true.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I love the line about taking the oath on the Koran :)

I am staring to wonder if Ken might be on to something. I have seen very little here dealing with his policies, only attempts at character assassination.

#7 NaasPreacher (C4K), Apr 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2008
  8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Interesting claim - could someone list all the descriptions from the Bible that he fits?

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I agree with your statement, I suspect you are as guilty as any about doing so.

I take that back. I know you are.

And then there's the problem that you consider "Snopes" an authority on truth about Obama? :rolleyes:

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Okay, lets prove one statement - the one about him taking the oath on the Koran. Can anyone prove that?

11. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

That might be a great thread to start. Should we as Christians exhust every avenue ro seach out the truth of things posted before we post them.

I think post numbers would drop drasticly if this was a rule!
    And the board would not be as fun.

:laugh:

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

So just post whatever we want? Say anything about any candidate and just let it fly?

I mean, seriously - "This man [Obama] fits every description from the Bible of the 'Anti-Christ'!"? We can say that and not prove it??

#12 NaasPreacher (C4K), Apr 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2008
  13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not me.

I think that's a falsehood and never have believed it.

I'm not buying the anti-Christ claim either.

But he is a far left liberal defeatist. He's also a deceptively smooth orator who, so far, is hiding most of his agenda in platitudes. That's enough to base a decision on.

He is dangerous for America.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

With this I agree, but lets deal with issues instead of stories.

15. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

He's just another politician. No more, no less. So he has a lot of supporters. That just makes him a very good politician. He has not said anything about rebuilding any temples, no mention that he is God, and can bring about world peace. No assasination attempts. He is not the antichrist any more than Oprah, or the Pope, or the Dali Lama. Just a politician who may or may not become POTUS, of one country, and will be out of office if elected in four to eight miserable years.

love,

Sopranette

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Since the OP has been shown to be false...why is this thread still open?

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's keep this thread up and going, webdog. It makes your side look bad. :)

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Snopes has a well-earned reputation for digging out the facts - regardless of whether they fit the views, in this case, of the radical right.

19. rbell

rbell Active Member

I agree. I'm not voting for Obama, but the character assassinations and repeating of easily-disproven statements needlessly smear the man, and make Christians look foolish.

I bet I've gotten thirty emails saying the same thing.

Give it a rest, folks, and quit repeating things that aren't so!

20. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

People like Carpro only offer their snide remarks when something doesn't fit their neo-con agenda. Don't expect anything better from him or his ilk, it's a waste of time.

As far as Obama being the anti-Christ, all I can say is: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am surprised someone had the nerve to post such garbage!