1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The question everyone was afraid to ask...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by I Am Blessed 24, Apr 10, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then I am now. Let's see if you can do more than just type. :)

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

How can anyone claim that Obama is the anti-Christ? I thought that was Hillary? :laugh:
    Thank you, thank you...I'll be at the MGM Grand this weekend. Okay, not really, but I hear the golf in Vegas is nice and not expensive. :thumbs:

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I am not naive at all, I just neglected to check it out. Call me lazy if you like, but not naive.

I voted democratic for about half of my of my life. The other half, I have voted for the man and not the party.

The democratic party bears no resemblance to what it was when my dad was precinct committeeman for 26 years straight. I can no longer support the democratic party platform on many issues.

The bickering back and forth on this board has done nothing to change my mind about who I'm voting for and I doubt if it has changed anyone else's mind either.

Some people just like to hear themselves talk (or see themselves post) as in the case here, or just plain like to argue. Of course, they are always right about everything too and they like to crucify anyone who dares defy them. :BangHead:

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I checked this one out, but I did it at www.truthorfiction.com and, yes, it is true.

If you go to the link below, you will see a picture of Obama NOT saluting the flag while everyone else is.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama-salute.htm

Picture of Senator Barack Obama Failing to Salute the Flag While Others on a Platform, Including Senator Hillary Clinton, are Saluting-Truth!

Summary of the eRumor:
    A picture of Senator Barack Obama (below), Governor Bill Richardson of New Mexico, Senator Hillary Clinton, and one other person all on a platform and backed by an American flag. The eRumor says that the national anthem was being played at the time and that all but Senator Obama saluted.

The Truth:
    The picture is authentic. It was published in Time magazine and was taken 9/16/07 at an event in Indianola, Iowa where six Democratic presidential candidates appeared. It was Iowa Senator Tom Harkin's annual "meat and greet." The fourth person in the picture is Senator Harkin's wife, Ruth. Not seen in the picture are three other candidates who were standing out of view on the right side of the platform, Senator Chris Dodd, Senator John Edwards, Senator Joe Biden.

At question is what was going on with Senator Obama? His critics are circulating the picture and saying that he is not respecting the flag or the national anthem, especially since the protocol, according to the United States Flag code, is that civilians should have their right hands over their hearts and that they should be facing the flag. His supporters are saying that this little lapse should not be held against him since there have been plenty of other events at which he has saluted the flag---so it did not mean that he would, in principle, avoid doing it.

An ABC News video, however, shows that Senator Obama did not salute at any time during that anthem and that everybody else on the platform did.

A spokesperson for the Senator told Fox News that it was ridiculous to suggest that Obama was making any kind of a statement and that sometimes "he does and sometimes he doesn't place his hand over his heart during the national anthem."

I guess he just pays homage to our flag when he feels like it?

Here are a couple more if you'd like to check them out while you're there:

Cuban Flag with Che Guevara Displayed at Barack Obama Campaign Office-Truth!

Ken Blackwell Commentary on Barack Obama-Truth!
    Very interesting insights on Obama. Here is just one quote from Ken, who is an African-American.
    Obama voted "NO" to making English the official language of the United States - Truth

Out of the 33 Senators voting 'NO', 32 were Democrats and 1 was an Independent. Imagine that....no Republicans.

#44 I Am Blessed 24, Apr 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2008
  5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

While others rush to post any anti-Muslim or anti-Obama garbage that enters their email box without checking it out.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it is true and I have no problem with it since I don't normally place my hand on my heart while the national anthem is being played or sung. I stand at attention. That's the way I have been doing it all my life.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nice to meet you, lazy. :)

9. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I did that too, when I was in elementary school. Since then I have realized that it's not standing at attention or saluting the flag that makes one patriotic.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) From your link:

"His campaign issued a statement that said, "This is a volunteer office that is not in any way controlled by the Obama campaign. We were disappointed to see this picture because it is both offensive to many Cuban-Americans -- and Americans of all backgrounds -- and because it does not reflect Senator Obama’s views. Barack Obama has been very clear in putting forward a Cuba policy that is based on one principle: freedom for the Cuban people." "

2) Good. I wouldn't vote to do so, either.

Some of your anti-Senator Obama people are pathetic in your attempts at political swiftboating. However, your weak attacks do provide humor to the forum. :laugh:

#50 KenH, Apr 10, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  11. Magnetic Poles

Indeed humorous if they weren't so gullibly serious. Folks, Americans are dying in an elective invasion of a sovereign nation, Osama Bin Forgotten is still at large, the FAA has snuggled up with the airlines compromising safety, the economy is in shambles, yet what do people spend their time on?

1. Someone's posture during the national anthem
    2. If gay people can establish a legal relationship
    3. Lying about a presidential candidate's religion
    4. If a ten commandments monument can be displayed at a courthouse
    5. How many angels can dance on the head of a pin

It is getting ridiculous.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: LOL

And you think Obama is the cure? :laugh:

We might as well stick to the fun issues.

He's just more of the same.

His version of "unity" is is a united democrat party and a 51% majority. Same as now.

His version of "hope" is to tax us till we bleed and hope he can spend all the money before we catch on to where it's going. Same as always for liberals.

His version of national security is to surrender before defeat is possible. Same as always for democrats.

BTW How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

13. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

397. I counted.

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This isn't apples to apples, we like Sue... :laugh: :laugh: :wavey:

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Could you please show us where these three:

Being from the East
    Everyone loving him
    Some thinking he is going to save America

are Bible characteristics of the Anti-Christ

The first two - maybe, but you have to go along way east to get to Hawaii from Israel.

But I don't see where saving America is a Bible mark of anti-Christ.

16. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Comments?

Okay!

This is now about the third time, at least, that some of this drivel has been cut and pasted, directly and/or indirectly, and posted on the pages of the BB. I, personally, have already noted that the Anti-Christ does not come from Illinois, or Indonesia, or Hawaii. And that I am also no fan of Senator Barak Obama. I have enough reasons to not prefer this individual for President of the United states, not of which have one thing to do with either any facet of any part of hisgenealogical and racial ethnicity, or any alleged religious influence from his early background or relatives.

Am I ready for a "black" President? Yes, for I have already voted for one "black" candidate for President in the past, and may very well have voted for Sec'y and Gen. Colin Powell, had he run for President in 2000.

Am I ready for a President whose religious identity is not exactly the same as mine? Probably, for I have voted for candidates of many different religious affinities, for high offices, including for a few candidates with some really strange ideas. They were called "Baptists".

Ed

17. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

:laugh: [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][/FONT][​IMG][FONT=verdana,sans-serif] [/FONT][​IMG]

Ed

18. Magnetic Poles

I find it funny that this piece of trash calls Obama the Antichrist because he comes from the east. Yeah...Hawaii is east.

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

it is in Japan...like real estate, location, location, location :)