1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Radicals

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Kiffin, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Kiffin

Kiffin New Member

Any of you seen the movie "The Radicals". It revoles around the ministry and Martrydom of Anabaptist preacher Michael Sattler.

I thought it was a pretty good movie in looking at the Anabaptist movement in the 1500's. Most moving is the baptism of George Blaurock by Conrad Grebel and the cruel execution of Sattler makes you realize that many have paid for the Gospel with their lives.

The movie could have done better if it would have spent more time on Sattler's conversion and his and the Anabaptist theology of salvation rather than at times maybe too much emphasis on their pacifist views. Overall though it is a good movie though I suggest you read the Biography of Sattler in the Book Anabaptist Potraits and William Estep's book The Anabaptist story

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the heads up on the movie, Randy. Is it generally available at the rental stores?

3. Justified

Justified New Member

Never heard of it. When and who made it? And where can we find it?

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Yes, I own the movie. Bought it at a Mennonite bookstore in Lancaster Pa. It is very good.

6. Justified

Justified New Member

rsr,

Thank you for the info! ;)