1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Remnant

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Wisdom Seeker, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

I just finished this latest book in the Left Behind Series.

It was very good...as I knew it would be...And this book takes the tribulation within one year of the Glorious Appearing.

I was hoping to find a thread on this book...which everyone I know has read...and was a little surprised that one did not already exist.

If you haven't read it...read it....It's worth it.

If you have read it...would love to hear what you thought of it too. [​IMG]

2. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Absolutely no posts to this thread? Has no-one really read this book on this board? I wonder why? :confused:

3. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

1. Only read up to Apollyon.
    2. Not in any great rush to read on.
    3. Hundreds of better books to choose from.

4. Karen

Karen Active Member

I still am completely unaware of how to link to other threads, but there have been quite a few.
    A number of people like me read the books and enjoy them. Although stylistically, they are not the best ever written.
    A fair number of people consider them only junk written by money-hungry people. Generally those people do not have a pre-trib view of prophecy.

Karen

5. Rev. G

Rev. G New Member

I have not read any of the books. Karen is correct, I do not hold to "pre-trib." eschatology (see the post on being "left behind" for a discussion of this issue).

Rev. G

6. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Maybe it's me... I have to see things through to the finish. I've invested the time to read all that have been written... and I'm not going to stop until they are completed. I think that should be in just one or maybe two more.

Better books out there? Really, I thought these were the only fictional account of what is written in Revelations. If there is a "better" book that gets the plan of salvation...and the end of the world out there in a readable novel type book...I would be interested in a title and author.

To whoever said they didn't know how to post links...that's okay... I think that if something is worth saying...the person posting it will take the time to type it in.

7. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

WisdomSeeker said:

Better books out there? Really, I thought these were the only fictional account of what is written in Revelations.

No, there are other end-times thrillers out there if you look for them.

Of course, when I said there were hundreds of better books out there, I was not limiting myself to rapture fiction. Moreover with a finite number of waking hours in the day that are not otherwise spent, my time for reading is limited and so I have to choose my books a little more wisely - and the propaganda factor of the Left Behind potboilers is not one of the criteria I use to choose.

8. Lauren

Lauren New Member

Hi. I have read the left beihind books, and plan on finishing the series. I dont have an opinion about pre or post trib (when my time comes, God will let me know what I need to know!) So i read them for entertainment not doctrine. There is a book called the Prophet.... pretty decent book. One book i kind of liked not end times but called "Eli", about if Jesus came here in modern times. Again, for entertainment purposes, not doctrine. I would be interested in peoples recommendation for Christian fiction......

9. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Oh brother! Thank you for this lesson in humility. Because I'm sure I've said things like this myself... I guess I didn't know how snobby it sounded...until I read it coming from you... No offense.

10. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Hi Lauren, first of all I would like to say thank you for your comments. I appreciate your suggestions. I'm afraid I can't give you any recomendations on Christian reading. Most of the Christian stuff I have read...wasn't worth a recomendation, with the exception of the Bible and this series. I would have to agree with you... I read the Left Behind series for entertainment...not doctrine. The fact that a great deal of it was based on the Bible was the reason I found it so compelling. ;)

[ September 20, 2002, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: WisdomSeeker ]

11. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

WisdomSeeker said:

I guess I didn't know how snobby it sounded...until I read it coming from you... No offense.

No problem. I'm sure there are hundreds of times I've come across in sheer disbelief that someone would have the affrontery not to have read something I liked.

12. JonathanG

JonathanG New Member

Left Behind Series.

I received the first book last Christmas and by March I read all the books up to the Remnant. I think I read all the books that were out. I read the Remnant in a day. Now I have to wait til next June.

I have not read that many pages of anything in that short of time including four years of college. Once I started I didn't put them down.

Now I try to lead people into Jesus by providing the first book with no pretense and see where it goes. My unsaved friend is now on the Remnant since June so he cut through them like a hot knife through butter. Now is the time to see where he stands and lead him to Jesus Christ.

I also gave an additional copy to my unsaved nephew and so far he is on book three.

Its not the answer but its an answer to get people familiar with what is going to happen at the end times and that their is an amazing Answer in Jesus Christ.

They are not meant to be theology but are a good fictional story based on Revelations.

May God Bless

Jon