1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The revelation of Rom 1:1 ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by dan p, Jul 13, 2010.

1. dan p

dan p New Member

Hi to all , and a very interesting Verse 1 , in Rom 1 .

Here is a literal translation of nRom 1:1 .

Paul , a slave of Christ Jesus , a called apostle having been separated for

God's gospel .

#1 , first we have a Participle , which is " having been " .

#2 , The Greek word Separated is APHORIZO .

#3 , APHORIZO , is in the Greek Perfect Tense which is a combo of the Aorist and Present Tense .

#4 , The perfect Tense , means Past Action with Present , Continuing Results , and this means that when Paul is saved in Acts 9:6 he will never go back and be a Pharisee and keep the Law of Moses .

When Christ was on the cross and when he said in John 19:30 , " it is finished " , that is also in the Perfect Tense , and here the Perfect Tense means that " it is finished " , the payment for sin and that Jesus will NEVER

have to be put on a cross ever again , that is the Perfect Tense .

#5 , This also means that Paul will ONLY PREACH THE GOSPEL OF GOD .

#6 , I submit to all , that this is where the HISTORICAL beginning of the Body of Christ began .

#1 dan p, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
  2. RAdam

RAdam New Member

And I submit to you that the body of Christ didn't start with Paul. You can't find me one verse to prove it did. The fact is the church, otherwise known as the body of Christ, was started much earlier than that, and much earlier than Pentecost.