1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Roots of Catholicism

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Ray Berrian, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

I don't think the up and rising star, Dr. Grady would have even peaked into a Roman Catholic College or seminary, being a, if I may say it, a 'right wing, fundamentalist Christian.' I could be wrong and I think Mosique raised a good question.

In the Pennsylvania area Protestants speak more about Calvary than Golgotha; I, however, have used the latter term at times in sermons, which to me, speaks more about the location of the crucifixion. It is the place, the hillside--meaning the skull.

We have a Calvary Baptist Church in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania as well as a Calvary Wesleyan Church in the same city.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So the bodily resurrection of Christ is "true" no matter how "science struggles with proving it"??

And so also - God's Word is just as true in the "details" when it describes the Creation of earth and mankind - shows the relationship between man and his creator - the basis for the Holy Day of worship given at the end of the week and the obligation of manking to obey God.

The text and its "details" is true in both cases EVEN though science is not up to "god-speed" yet.

In Christ,

Bob