1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Sin of Making Scripture "Fit" Our Needs and not His!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Feb 11, 2015.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I loved this video, as it reminded me of believers who know what the Word of God says and means, yet they still try to do it their way, thinking they can eek by without paying a price.

For instance, we are told to love one another, but many of us think we can skirt around the instructions given by God to us, over or under that teaching and love some but not others. And when we think the Scripture is not always for us, or that we can get by with "our version" or understanding of the teaching, the following video shows in a hilarious way, that we must do as instructed, or face the consequences.

Enjoy, and tell me if you agree that we have to follow the Scripture as written, and not add to it, or take away from it, which of course is making the specific Scripture "fit" our understanding.

http://www.prochan.com/embed?f=e53_1351184775