1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Sinner's Viability

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Ray Berrian, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Rufus,

I read your posted dated 3/3/ at 10:10 a.m.

In these two verse God is not telling us that He is picking and choosing who will be given the green light for Heaven, but is rather reminding us that the Holy Spirit is to receive all the glory and praise for pointing us to Christ and His atonement. Human sinners have no reason to boast or think that they are contributing to their salvation. Salvation is all of God.

John 6:44 and 65 indicate that the Spirit of God is engaging sinners to Himself. As we both know the Holy Spirit can be grieved and even quenched in the life of a Christian. How could anyone even think that the Spirit of God could not be resisted,grieved, or dismissed in the life of a sinner. This is why Arminian points out that Resistible Grace is in keeping with the Word of the living God. John 5:40 says, 'And ye will not come to Me, that ye might be saved.' Also, resisting the Holy Spirit is documented in Acts 7:51. 'Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in "heart" and "ears", ye do always resist the Holy Ghost, as did your fathers.'

In Isaiah 48:4 and Ezekiel 44:6 indicates that the Israelites were for the most part rebellious against the Lord God. Notice both their 'hearing' {ears} and their 'heart' life, {the center of control of the will} was against the Lord.

The Lord would not complain about their defiance against Him if He had already 'hand picked' them for damnation.

In Revelation 22:17 God the Spirit places no restrictions against anyone coming to Christ through the calling of the Spirit. Restrictions come from the human manipulation of Augstine and his Roman Catholic brother in faith, John Calvin. Apparently, you and some others are the great, great, great, grandfathers of Calvin's lack of spiritually wise council and instruction.

2. rufus

rufus New Member

Ray Berrian, you do not use the same principles of interpretation of the Scriptures that I do. That's why we don't agree on this issue.

Therefore, it seems to me to be a foolish argument that will go NOWHERE!

I believe the Bible to teach the total inability of man to save himself and that God in Christ saves some men by the power of the Spirit working through the Word of God. No one seeks God until God seeks him.

Perhaps one day we can get on the same page, but until then, God bless you and yours.

rufus [​IMG]

3. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Rufus,

Thanks for the blessing from Arkansas. I welcome blessing from all Christians, especially their prayers. Tried to Email you but was unable.