1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The star of David is the star of Remphan

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Martin Luther, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Didn't Martin Luther have a cursing problem and always thought he was yelling at demons or the devil himself? Even throwing stuff? Maybe thats what the poster under his name is going through. Possibly Martin Luther (the original guy) had an ego problem or mental disorder. Possibly. Maybe he called Moloch and the demon came to him.

As you can see I'm not a supporter of conspiracy theories. Satan in my mind is subbordinate to God. He's prohibited from doing certain things. And when the end comes he'll be thrown into the Lake of Fire. I generally think people on the whole are too incompetant to keep a conspiracy going on beyond their life span. I think the People in Government are making decisions by the seat of their pants and its only by the Grace of God that there is order in the world.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I tried several times last night to post this but was unable to do it. Then I saw the BB was down. So I'm glad I saved my response in Word.

The pentagram in Wicca usually represents air, earth, water, fire, and Spirit (the top point). Western occultism usually is based on the 4 - earth, air, water, and fire. Astrology uses the 4 elements along with the 3 "qualities" of cardinal, fixed, and mutable, which are based on the 3 divisions of each season.

The Chinese have 5 elements but they are earth, fire, water, wood, and metal, I believe. Those are used in Feng Shui and Taoist magic. As far as I know, they have not used the pentagram.

The pentagram has such a complicated history and there are so many different views on its origin and it involves so many cultures, it's pretty much impossible to trace.

I have not read Lovecraft's book, but have read about it - that it's mostly not true.

Who knows how much influence Eastern mysticism may have had on Western occultism - we don't know. I do think it may have influenced the early Gnostics (Eastern religions are very gnostic). The meditation states and some of the ideas of the mystics in Christianity are suspiciously Eastern, which makes me think the Eastern influence was there.

Occultism is much more complex than most people realize but it's often simplified by its critics who do not really know it, which then makes them lose credibility in the eyes of those who do know it.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I tried several times last night to post this but was unable to do it. Then I saw the BB was down. So I'm glad I saved my response in Word.

The pentagram in Wicca usually represents air, earth, water, fire, and Spirit (the top point). Western occultism usually is based on the 4 - earth, air, water, and fire. Astrology uses the 4 elements along with the 3 "qualities" of cardinal, fixed, and mutable, which are based on the 3 divisions of each season.

The Chinese have 5 elements but they are earth, fire, water, wood, and metal, I believe. Those are used in Feng Shui and Taoist magic. As far as I know, they have not used the pentagram.

The pentagram has such a complicated history and there are so many different views on its origin and it involves so many cultures, it's pretty much impossible to trace.

I have not read Lovecraft's book, but have read about it - that it's mostly not true.

Who knows how much influence Eastern mysticism may have had on Western occultism - we don't know. I do think it may have influenced the early Gnostics (Eastern religions are very gnostic). The meditation states and some of the ideas of the mystics in Christianity are suspiciously Eastern, which makes me think the Eastern influence was there.

Occultism is much more complex than most people realize but it's often simplified by its critics who do not really know it, which then makes them lose credibility in the eyes of those who do know it.