1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Three Stooges

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Mar 12, 2006.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

To me, the article says that neither party is worthy of the trust of the American people. Both parties are corrupt to the core, controled by special interests and existing power structures. Both parties protect each others power. The division is only an appearance.

Neither party has the interest of this country or the American people at heart. And the argument that one is going to win is a bunch of baloney. There are enough people who do not vote and enough people who are sick of both parties to win with the right leadership.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Ken

You got one right! :D :D

4. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I'm not moved much by popularity polls - don't trust the poll takers nor contributors - and note that many people are fair weather supporters of assorted issues looking around to see if anyone else is still standing with them. I've learned - at work for example - that only a few people really say what they think even in anonymous surveys! If some key person cheers they all do but, for the very same action on a different occasion, if that key person boos then they all do that just as well. People want heroes or scapegoats and aren't happy if there's not an ample supply of both regardless the merits either may or may not posses for the honors.

I'm not convinced both parties are at all the same. To me there are still very key differences which show up nearly every time there's a key vote. They're not as different as I wish they were on some issues but I'll take Republican policy over Democrat policy most of the time until there's a much better alternative. I supported President Bush and I still do! I'm ready for radical change in government - not something that I expected of the President - but I'm not ready for some of the radicals I see looming around for the opportunity to strike. The change will only come by legislative reform when, and only if, people conclude government will not, can not, and should not save them from every problem and spare them every responsibility.

At least, in this forum, most people have stayed their own course with diligent arguments for it. Even with those whom I strongly disagree I must grant respect for standing firm despite the changing wind.

5. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

At some point, the American people will say "I don't care; whatever the alternative can't be as bad as these clowns!"

We're near that point.

The democrats may find themselves in control, in spite of their seeming desire to lose elections.

But maybe it would be good to have someone running things, who was good at something other than winning elections.

Governing, for example.

6. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I'm hoping for less "governing" - less taxing, less borrowing, less spending, less control - long term. I don't envision Democrats as ever contributing to less of anything in government.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Imo, there has been a change in how the parties advertize themselves and their policies to the public. At one time they sold us dreams of a better world to get them elected and their policies passed, now they sell us nightmares of how things will turn out if we don't elect them and pass their policies.

Fear being a more effective motivator than hope seems to be the prefered tool of choice now when increasing governing taxing borrowing spending and control.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Each to his own, but its time for a fresh start. The republicans have proven themselves so incompetent that democrats have a chance of winning, and that is indeed pitiful.

9. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

lol @ fresh start. That is precisely what thousands of voters thought when they filled the Congress with Republicans.

10. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

The saddest thing about it all is that republicans are light years ahead of democrats, and look how sad they are!

Until the laws are changed to require a majority to win an electoral vote, we will remain a two party system, however.