1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The tongue .... who can tame it? LOL!!

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Scarlett O., Sep 20, 2014.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, so one of my supervisors came to me today and said that my paraprofessional's husband wanted to come and take her out for a quick birthday lunch on her lunch break. She asked if that would be OK and I said of course it's OK!!

So just the very moment as we are having that discussion, my para walks in and I look at her and wave my hand with smile and say, "Yes, go ahead! That's fine! Just go - no problem!" And I try to shoo her out the door.

My administrator nudged me and whispered out of the side of her mouth, "It's a surprise - she doesn't know."

My para is just standing there looking at me like I have three heads.

How in the WORLD was I supposed to back that train up? :confused:

All I could do was to flusteringly ramble as I looked back and forth between the two of them, "Well, what I am talking about? I don't know - I thought you were someone else. Oh,my. I'm crazy! What?"

My para laughs said, "I don't know what you are talking about."

All I could say was, "I don't either."

Anyway - he came, she was surprised, and - whew! - I've got to learn to keep my trap shut!