1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Video That Ended a Career

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Deacon, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Are you saying that those of us who believe the literal 6 day creation as is written in the bible will fall for anything?

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What data proves creation?

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Considering the conservatrion of momentum how would you explain the length of a day not changing when the waters separated in Gen 1:7? Do you believe the angular velocity to be the same before and after?

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What about those who believe in the gap theory?

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The same data that proves you are saved, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that tells you that the Bible is true. It is a witness and testimony to each breathing Christian.

If you want the scientific answer, before the six day Creation started, God invented pressure, temperature, and photolight sensitive guages. He then created a giant computer called the Genesis Project with a feed from all the sensors. He then created the first video camera as an input. Then, before the first day, He said, "Let there be a 120vac generator to power the Genesis Project." Then, after the generator started and the computer booted up, He went on to the first day and said "Let there be light." After that, He put solar cells on the computer and got rid of the generator to save on the electric bill. The computer successfully recorded the events of the other five days.

If you wish, you can now order the entire six day set, plus shipping and handling by sending $59.99 to:

Mike Woleben
    120 Hillington Dr
    Paducah, KY 42001

Satisfaction guaranteed.

Here's your sign.

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

We don't have to explain it. "It" being whatever it is you're talking about. :laugh: We believe God's word. That's enough.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

What about them? They have a gap in their faith.

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have seen a lot going around about the day being 24 hours but I have been unable to find anyone explain that in terms of the conservation of momentum. Scripture says light and dark yet too many Christians say that is 24 hours.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Why is it that you have to have a scientific explanation for every event in the Bible? God created all things, including the scientific principles, so He is free to use them as He pleases. He also created the minds of all the scientists who think they are geniuses today. Why is it a step by step account is necessary? God did it like He said. That is all that matters.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They have a gap in their theology

11. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That would include Scofield and his followers.

12. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

You are correct! Give this guy a prize...

13. Peggy

Peggy New Member

No, not all the uses of the word "day" mean a literal 24 hour period. The word "day" is also used to designate a certain event like "the day of the Lord".

Is there anything in science that you read that could provide a basis for a literal 6 day creation?

My friend, the Bible is not a science textbook. It is the revelation of God to man and reveals religous, not scientific truths.

Up until the time of Galileo, Christians believed that the Bible taught that the sun revolved around the earth. We now shake our heads at their ignorance now that science has proved that the earth revolves around the sun. Does the belief that the earth revolves around the sun make you any less of a Christian now that science has proved that the planets revolve around the sun, and the sun is not the center of the universe?

I think future Christians will be astounded that Christians used to believe that the universe is 6000-10000 years old.

14. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Your point does nothing to prove that a day has always been 24 hours. Scripture says a day is night and day not 24 hours. Considering the day and night how would those who claim the day to always be 24 hours prove that by the conservation of momentum?

15. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Science has not proven that the earth revolves around the sun. Heliocentrism is a theory. You understand the difference between a theory and a fact, don't you?

You still haven't answered my questions from earlier. Your claim that the literal, six day Genesis account is not correct is because "the sciences" have proven otherwise. "The sciences" have also proven that a person can't be dead for three days and raised from the dead. Do you accept that Jesus rose from the grave? What about Lazarus and the widow's son?

"The sciences" have proven that a person can't walk on water. Do you believe that Jesus walked on water?

If you are able to believe these items that are contrary to what science can "prove", we are you not able to believe the Genesis account?

16. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alive in Christ said that people who believe in evolution "will fall for anything." I said that it should be applied to both sides of the argument. Those arguing for a position based on a "literal 6 day creation" are making an argument based on what they read in the Bible. This argument is an exercise of reason, and, as such, it is subject to being wrong as is any argument on any subject.

As for the creation / evolution debate, I couldn't care less about it. It has no bearing one way or the other on my faith. The Bible says that God created the heavens and the earth. I believe that. How God went about it is irrelevant to me. That is God's business. My business is to live my life as a Christian in the here and now. I will make my own mistakes and commit my own sins, and hope that I get a few things right. As Paul said, "At present we see only puzzling reflections in a mirror, but one day we shall see face to face." (1 Corinthians 13.12 REB). I don't think that this will happen in this life, so, as long as I am alive, I will continue to have partial knowledge of what God has done, what God is doing, and what God will do. That is what it means to be human. It will not surprise me in the least to discover, when I am standing "face to face", that the creation / evolution debate is a temptation designed to trap both sides. That's why I refuse to get caught up in it.

If you are wanting a scriptural basis for what I have said here, I would refer you to God's questioning of Job.

Tim Reynolds

17. Peggy

Peggy New Member

Really? Do you believe that the earth is flat, too?

Yep.

Yes I do believe that Jesus rose from the dead and raised Lazarus from the dead. What I don't believe is a literal 6 day creation. I'm not sure what the creation story has to do with the Resurrection of Jesus.

What does that have to do with believing in a literal 6 day creation? Yes, I do believe that Jesus rose from the dead.

You don't have to keep insulting my faith, Matt. Miracles are God's intervention in human affairs. They don't have any rational explaination. Jesus performed miracles as a sign of His divinity and authority. He rose from the dead to save us from our sins.

You are trying to say that if I can't accept a literal 6 day creation, then I can't accept Jesus's miracles. That a silly analogy. Did God have to create the world in 6 days? Did God have to rest on the seventh day? Did He get tired? Why would God want to fool us into thinking the world is old? If the world was only 6000 years old, we would not see any of the distant galaxies or stars that are light years away, and take millenia to reach us. We wouldn't have new mountains and old mountains. We wouldn't have continental drifts. We wouldn't have oil!

Because the Genesis is account is a myth or story to explain to mankind that God was instrumental in creating the universe. Why do you believe in a literal 6 day creation? Do you believe that the earth is flat, too? Do you believe that the sun revolves around the earth?

I think we subconciously put God in a box. We cannot wrap our heads around the concept of an eternal God, and a universe designed by Him that is billions of years old. We can wrap our heads around a God who created the universe 6000 years ago. Six thousand years is something we can understand. Eternity is not. So we try to explain why the earth could be 6000 years old, while completely disregarding facts to the contrary. We even come up with the theory that God created all things with "an appearance of age" because the appearance of the earth is that it is very old and that contradicts our theology.

Some people think that I am not a Christian because I don't believe in a literal 6 day creation. I don't see where that belief is what is necessary to be saved. Jesus just asks us to believe in Him and follow Him. Salvation doesn't come with a pop quiz in creationism. Fail the test and you are going to hell. How absurd.

I can't explain how God created everything, or why things developed or evolved as they did. He knows, He did it, and that's enough for me.

#57 Peggy, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2010
  18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Who says it's a myth? The bible doesn't say that. If it were a myth, there would be scripture to support that, but there is none. In fact, I have shown you in Exodus how God uses the creation days to explain the sabbath. Why would He do that if it were a myth?

19. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can science go back in time and observe "SEE" God call things into being? Believers CAN time travel back ....Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible. By faith "not by sight" christians believe the book of Genesis was Gods record "facts" to man explaining 6 day "Supernatural" creation even a child can understand this. Evolution on the other hand was created as an alterantive lifestyle to wish God away so they don't have to face Him as Judge. I would not believe the Earth could be 6,000 to 10,000 years old if I didn't believe God was all powerfull and that He doesn't always mean what He says.

#59 Jedi Knight, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
  20. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Of course, the Bible doesn't say how old the earth is. I can travel back in time every night. Look at the sky and see the light that has been traveling to your eyes for millions of years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.