1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

THE WAR BEGINS...

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Mar 20, 2003.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Posted 3/19/2003 10:23 PM Updated 3/20/2003 5:36 AM

U.S. forces unleash strikes against Saddam
    From staff and wire reports

WASHINGTON — U.S. forces launched their long-awaited war against Saddam Hussein, targeting him personally with a barrage of cruise missiles and bombs as a prelude to invasion. Saddam assailed the attack Thursday as a "shameful crime," while President Bush said the world's security was at stake.

The rest of the story...

US ATTACKS IRAQ

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

There sure isn't much information coming out of it. We don't know the results of our strikes, apart from Sadam "appears" to be ok as he appeared after the strikes on television to urge his people to fight..however, a few people have pointed out that it didn't quite look like him. It is reported that an Iraqi missile was launched but caused no deaths or even injuries to our troops.
    President Bush released a statement, it can be read in it's entirety at My Website

Iraqi newspapers in English (that are available, there seems to be a problem connecting to some, wonder why? [​IMG] ) aren't saying much on it! Petra out of Jordan had some interesting statments though. :rolleyes:

Gina

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Lets pray that this will end as soon as possible, and even if it is only a pipe dream for the world, that we might really have peace.

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I have heard on the news that Sadaam has at least nine men made up to look like him. :confused:

I think he is probably still alive because I think there will be mass confusion once he is taken out and the war will end.

JMO,
    Sue

5. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Imagine Saddam Hussein accusing anyone of a "shameful crime". I really wasn't for this war, but now that it's begun let's finish it decisively and with as little bloodshed as possible.

6. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I hope my fellow Southerners will forgive me for quoting Sherman but:

"War is the remedy our enemy has chosen. Therefore, let us give him all the war he can stomach."

7. Kiffin

Kiffin New Member

Amen.