1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Way International

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Bible John, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bible John

Bible John New Member

2. IronWill

IronWill New Member

Hmmm...the problem I'm having so far with your site, and with this article, as that your articles on these different groups don't contain enough of an explanation of what that religion believe and why they believe it. If you truly want to be effective in this, you should go more in-depth into what they believe and why they believe it, and then use scripture and commentary(your own) to show where they are in error.

3. Bible John

Bible John New Member

Re

In other words write 20 pages?

4. IronWill

IronWill New Member

It's not necessary to write twenty pages. I'd devote a paragraph or two to the history of the organization, one paragraph with scripture references that explains each theological point you wish to discuss, with a counter argument at least one paragraph following with scripture references.

5. Bible John

Bible John New Member

Re

And I did do that on the Way International paper and in the OneNess article.

http://www.cerm.info/bible_studies/Apologetics/Oneness_pentecostalism.htm

However my WOF article is a bit brief.

John

6. IronWill

IronWill New Member

I'd also suggest a thorough reading of this site as well, which gives examples of various logical fallacies. It would be good to consult this resource in creating apologetics material.

7. Bible John

Bible John New Member

Re

I consulted www.carm.org and Biblical Discernment ministries before I wrote my material. The material is fine. May not be how you would write it but its fine (on Substance issues).

Yes I do agree that ym WOF article may need some beefing up, but then again I do not want to write 20 pages.

But thanks for your tips. I appreciate them. I could use your help locating a Snake Handler church.

John

8. IronWill

IronWill New Member

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but it seems that some of your articles are more ad hominem than substance. I'm telling you this, because if you truly want your articles to help lead those trapped in these belief systems out, you need to present the truth in fair, non-argumentative manner.

Please note my tag line, I witness often to those in the occult, and there is very much a need to be very fair and truthful in witnessing to them. The same with Mormons, and anybody else in a false belief system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.