1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"...the whole world."

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by skypair, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess using terms like atonement and propitiation are too much for some to grasp. They are wonderful terms, but obviously must be correctly understood.

These are transactions WITHIN THE GODHEAD. The Son died. The Father accepted this death.

When one says "it's not effective unless I believe" they are interjecting MAN into the godhead!

Calvary is a done-deal between Father and Son. Yes, later on I "believe" it, but my "believing" it does not add to or in any way change the fact.

Salvation that depends on Bob "doing" any work (in my mind or heart or body) is not biblical salvation.

Salvation is of the Lord. 100%. Period. End.

2. standingfirminChrist

But 'except ye repent, ye shall likewise perish.'

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Now you are trying to tell God how to be God, a fatal flaw of calvinism. God says "believe and you will be saved", not man interjecting himself into the mix. YOu are NOT saved UNTIL you believe, period.

4. standingfirminChrist

5. standingfirminChrist

If God foreordained that some would go to heaven and others would go to hell, then no one would be able to be saved by faith

And yet, the Word of God tells us we are saved by faith.

6. skypair

skypair Active Member

Bob -- sorry but please show me that "covenant"in scripture. You're starting with a false premise.

Absolutely NOT! You have a misconception predicated on that "covenant" thing you are imagining but which you won't find expressed by the word of God.

Where??

Bob --- it changes the "facts" as they concern YOU! If they change nothing then you aren't changed.

Bob, you don't even have the elements of your salvation right. It's SOUL, SPIRIT, and BODY. And you are right, Bob -- no "work," Rom 4:5 "to him that worketh not but believes..., his faith is counted for righteousness," Bob.

But you must first believe. Then you have a "righteous" SOUL in God's eyes and you receive His Holy Spirit in your SPIRIT!

Please, Bob. Don't pretend to teach us something you can't even find in scripture. Preach the gospel, Bob. Let "WHOSOEVER WILL" answer when Jesus knocks (Rev 3:20).

skypair

7. skypair

skypair Active Member

CORRECT A MUNDO, sfiC! It would be God's faith in Himself, not ours in Him, wouldn't it. :applause:

skypair

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rippon here . Do you have your own Thomas Jefferson Bible SFIC ? It sounds like you have scissored-out the foreordination of believers and non-believers from God's Holy Word .

9. standingfirminChrist

It looks like you have chiseled out faith that saves.

10. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Our faith didn't pay the penalty for our sins.
    We are saved BY Grace, Through Faith.
    And even our faith is the gift of God, not by our works, lest men like you and SkyPair (or me, Rippon or Dr. Bob) should boast.

11. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

This is what I was taking issue with SP.

You are implying that Dr. Bob is either a money grabber or a hateful man.
    If I have misunderstood you, please clarify.
    Thanks

#51 Dale-c, Dec 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2007