1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Will Of God

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by jim62, May 3, 2005.

1. jim62

jim62 New Member

Truth from the Bible about finding the Will of God

(James 1:5 KJV)
    (5) If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all {men} liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

(Psalms 32:8 KJV)
    (8) I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

(Psalms 119:105 KJV)
    (105) Thy word {is} a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

(Proverbs 6:22-23 KJV)
    (22) When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and {when} thou awakest, it shall talk with thee. (23) For the commandment {is} a lamp; and the law {is} light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

(Joshua 1:8 KJV)
    (8) This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

(Isaiah 30:21 KJV)
    (21) And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This {is} the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

(Psalms 48:14 KJV)
    (14) For this God {is} our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide {even} unto death.

(Proverbs 16:3 KJV)
    (3) Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.

(Psalms 37:23 KJV)
    (23) The steps of a {good} man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.

(Psalms 31:3 KJV)
    (3) For thou {art} my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

(Nehemiah 9:20 KJV)
    (20) Thou gavest also thy good spirit to instruct them, and withheldest not thy manna from their mouth, and gavest them water for their thirst.

(Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV)
    (5) Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. (6) In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

(Isaiah 48:17 KJV)
    (17) Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I {am} the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way {that} thou shouldest go.

(Isaiah 58:11 KJV)
    (11) And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

(John 16:13 KJV)
    (13) Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, {that} shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

2. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Great scriptures Jim!

The bottom line is what is God's will?

Peter 3:9
    The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

God's will is that we should tell others about Christ. If we do that we place ourselves in His will. Now we can know His will for our personal lives.

3. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

His will for us is to abide in His love.

To be Holy.

To love one another.

Thats about it... [​IMG]

His commands are not burdensome.

The Ark of the Covenant was quite small, and carried by 4 people. Inside was His Commandments [​IMG]

David

4. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

I still don't know whether I should take that job...buy that car...marry that girl...etc.

I know God's will as far as being good or not being bad but there are thousands of decisions a person makes in their lifetime which are not choosing between sin and not sin. It is those decisions that I have the most difficlut time finding God's will about. I then must rely on principles, common sense (Christian flavored, of course), and the wisdom of others.

5. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Good posts by all. I believe we can only discover God's specific will for our lives, in all areas, as we are obedient to His revealed will to all His children through His Word.

Bro Tony

6. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

Thats the nitty gritty, there are lots of answers in the Bible regarding our everyday lives.

David