1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Theological Resources for e-Sword

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Pastor Keith, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Pastor Keith

Pastor Keith New Member

For other e-Sword users who may be interested, I have made quite a few modules for e-Sword available at the Immanuel Downloads page.

http://www.immanuelhomepage.org/Downloads.html

Here is a current list of available modules, in no particular order:

1) John Piper sermons on abortion.

2) John Piper sermons on apologetics.

3) Coty Pinckney's "Marriage and Family Teaching Notes."

4) Coty Pinckney's "Life-Changing Doctrines: A 10 Week Study."

5) John Piper sermons on baptism - this file consists of eleven sermons on
    the subject of baptism, including messages on the meaning and mode
    of baptism as well as the issue of infant baptism versus the baptism
    of believers only.

6) John Piper biographies - this file consists of seventeen biographical lessons delivered by Piper at the Bethlehem conference for Pastors. They examine the lives and ministries of Jonathon Edwards, Charles Simeon, David Brainerd, Martin Lloyd-Jones, William Cowper, J. Gresham Machen, John Owen, Martin Luther, Charles Spurgeon, John Calvin, St. Augustine, John Bunyan, John G. Paton, John Newton, William Wliberforce, Adoniram Judson, and George Muller. These yearly talks by piper have done much to encourage Christians over the years, especially those engaged in pastoral ministry. I highly recommend them!

7) Coty Pinckney's 'Revelation: A Study Guide'

8 ) Athanasius' On the Incarnation

9) John Owen's A Brief Declaration and Vindication of the Doctrine of the Trinity

10) Abstract of Systematic Theology

11) Brief Catechism of Bible Doctrine

Both of the previous two works are by James P. Boyce. Boyce was the founding president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He first published his Systematic theology text in 1887, and it has been one of the best examples of Baptist theology ever since.

12) John Piper on the Christian Care of the Soul

13) John Piper on "Christian Hedonism": Does this sound odd to you? Then give Piper a hearing, and you will be pleasantly surprised. As Piper says:

"Christian Hedonism is not a contradiction after all. It is desiring the vast, ocean-deep pleasures of God more than the mud-puddle pleasures of wealth, power or lust. We're Christian Hedonists because we believe Psalm 16:11, 'You show me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy, in Your right hand are pleasures for evermore.'

Join us in this pursuit of satisfaction in God, because God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him."

14) G.K. Chesterton's Orthodoxy

15) G.K. Chesterton's Heretics

16) The 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith

I finally gave up trying to get the Scripture tool tips to operate correctly... for now. I will try to add them at some later date, when I have more time to devote to it.

17) John Piper on the Church

18 ) A.W. Pink's The Sovereignty of God (Thanks to Ken, our new forum member, for this file!)

19) Early Christian Creeds

The above file consists of four of the most important of the early Christian creeds: the Apostles' Creed, the Nicene Creed, the Athanasian Creed, and the Chalcedonian Creed.

20) Danvers Statement from the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood

21) John Piper on Complementarianism

22) Abstract of Principles

23) Jonathan Edwards - History of Redemption

24) Jonathan Edwards - Unpublished Essay on the Trinity

25) John Gill - A Body of Doctrinal Divinity

26) John Gill - A Body of Practical Divinity

Or download the above two files together...

27) John Gill - A Body of Doctrinal and Practical Divinity

28 ) Blaise Pascal - Pensees

29) John Piper on Creation

30) John Piper on Culture

31) J. L. Dagg Manual of Theology Vol 1

32) J. L. Dagg Manual of Theology Vol 2

33) John Piper on the Doctrines of Grace

34) John Piper on Eschatology

35) John Piper on Evangelism

36) John Piper on Faith

37) John Piper on Family and Parenting (which includes some contributions from John's wife Noel)

38 ) John Piper on the Foreknowledge of God

39) John Piper on Future Grace

40) Also included Piper's booklet, "Future Grace: The Pursuit of Holiness in Life and Ministry," separately (although it is also included in the above file)

41) Richard Baxter's "Cases and Directions Against Censoriousness and Unwarrantable Judging"

42) Jonathan Edwards' Religious Affections

43) John Owen's On the Mortification of Sin in Believers

44) The Didache

45) Richard Baxter, The Reformed Pastor

46) Loraine Boettner, The Reformed Doctrine of Predestination

47) A. A. Hodge, "God's Covenants With Man"

48 ) Thomas Watson, A Body of Divinity Contained In Sermons Upon The Westminster Assembly's Catechism

49) Thomas Witherow, The Apostolic Church: Which Is It?

50) Edward Fisher, The Marrow of Modern Divinity

51) John Quincy Adams, Baptists the Only Thorough Reformers

52) Thomas Boston, The Crook in the Lot

53) Jonathan Edwards, Resolutions

54) Norvell Robertson, Church Members' Handbook of Theology

55) J. C. Ryle, The Duties of Parents

56) John Piper on God and His Attributes

570 John Piper on God's Passion for His Glory

58 ) Keith Throop - "A Defense of a Conscious Intermediate State"

In the above file I examine passages used in the debate between those who hold to 'soul sleep' and those who hold to the traditional view of the intermediate state, and I offer objections to the doctrine of soul sleep and a defense of the traditional view.

59) The Cambridge Declaration

60) Robert S. Candlish, The Fatherhood of God

61) Coty Pinckney on Leviticus

62) Coty Pinckney - The Message of the Bible

63) Coty Pinckney on Prayer

64) Louis Berkhof, Summary of Christian Doctrine

65) Abraham Booth, The Reign of Grace

66) Thomas Boston, Useful Directions For Reading and Searching of the Scriptures

67) J. Gresham Machen, Christianity and Liberalism

68 ) Jerome Zanchius, Confession of the Christian Religion

Well, that is all I have made available so far, but I will be adding more as I find time in the future.

If this forum's moderators do not mind, and if there is interest, i would gladly keep this list updtaed here. If not, you can always find the latest additions to the Immanuel Downloads page at the Immanuel Forum:

http://immanuelforum.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=80&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

2. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

Wow thats great, thank you.

David