1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Theophostic counseling?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jkdbuck76, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can anybody tell me anything about this?

I had a friend and his wife leave their church (non-baptist) and start attending a baptist church because their pastor started talking about theophostic counseling.

I can google just like anybody else.... I want some personal input.

2. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

I just found out about this "theophostic counseling" from Martin & Deidre Bobgan about a year ago. I receive their Newsletter (PsychoHeresey Awareness Letter). They have a free e-book online called "TheoPhostic Counseling: Divine Revelation or Psychoheresy?" Here's the link to that book:

http://www.pamweb.org/e-books/TPC-webbk.pdf

I was never involved with TheoPhostic Counseling, but I was involved with the 12-Step Program Al-Anon. IMHO, all these "extra Biblical" counseling programs come right from the pit--a form of bondage. Jesus Christ is the only One who delivers and frees us from "sin and self".

#2 Linda64, Nov 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2007
  3. Alex Quackenbush

Alex Quackenbush New Member

Picture a crack and then a pot...put them together and you have Theophostic counseling.